SYMC - Symantec

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by BermudianOption, Feb 9, 2018.

1. BermudianOption

BermudianOption Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Description

Symantec Corporation is a United States-based cyber security company. The Company offers products under categories, such as threat protection, information protection and cyber security services. Under threat protection, it offers Advanced Threat Protection, Endpoint Protection, Endpoint Protection Cloud, IT Management Suite, Email Security, Cloud, Data Center Security and Cloud Workload Protection products. Under the information protection category, it offers Data Loss Prevention, Encryption, Service, VIP Access Manager, and Data Loss Prevention and CloudSOC products. The Company also offers consulting services, customer success services, cyber security services and education services. Its cyber security services include DeepSight Intelligence software, which provides an analysis of attacks.

2. BermudianOption

Checked and didn't see a thread so I created a new one. Looking to short if it rallies higher into my strike zone:
    [​IMG]

3. BermudianOption

D'oh!
    Fell asleep at the wheel and most missed an opportunity to get in the trade. Watching for a retest of the trendline or resistance level:
    [​IMG]

#3 BermudianOption, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    T0rm3nted and Onepoint272 like this.
  4. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

BO, are those 65-minute candles? Clever; 6 bars per day. So you must have purchased one of the Tradingview plans. How do you like it?

BermudianOption likes this.
  5. BermudianOption

Hey @Onepoint272, you got it! The 65m charts have been helping me a lot as has the other shortcuts that the paid version has afforded me. The paid version is definitely not mandatory if you want to use the platform but don't want to pay anything, but for me, the overall cost is worth it.

One hint is that the advertised price is technically not the right price either. If you pay for a year in advance, 12 months costs $155.40.

However, a workaround to bring down cost is to do a trial month first so that you get one free month, and then right before the trial expires they offer you a discount on the yearly package so that it costs $108.

So actually, I paid $108 for 13 months after including the trial month. So it works itself out to $8.30/mo. I spend that in commission in less than a month lol.

6. BermudianOption

Stalking SYMC on the 3 minute chart. Looking to pounce on a break of the trendline:
    [​IMG]

T0rm3nted and Stockaholic like this.
  7. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Did you ever short this @BermudianOption ?

Double topped, going back to 2004; monthly chart to see it
    [​IMG]

Relative strength chart shows that this stock is underperforming and hitting new lows.
    [​IMG]

It's tempting to buy now, because it's just an allegation of a problem right now. But this has been underperforming for years, and even if they clear this allegation it's not going to turn things around by itself.

BermudianOption, T0rm3nted and rg7803 like this.
  8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

If you did buy, you'd be up almost 10% today. Looks like you coulda made some quick money.

9. Steven_Burt

Steven_Burt 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

SYMC has a nice look to it for a low risk base break out/gap fill shot after this earnings beat.

symc.png

T0rm3nted and Stockaholic like this.