Takin a trip on the couch.

Discussion in 'Investing' started by Spud, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Bonds are starting to become more attractive. How many locked in the 9.6s before October?The free money is gone and most that chose the irresponsible life can't afford to pay the Lady. A fool and his money soon part.

2. WXYZ

WXYZ Well-Known Member

If I am reading your post right.....CONGRATULATIONS the retirement. It is so fun to tell the young boss........sorry, I am gone, good luck.

3. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I'm done with the rat race. Time to let the new age take the reigns, once they figure out what gender they identify as. We lost Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben to keep their sensitive feelings from being hurt, I guess we need to abolish the Constitution and rebrand U.S Mail next. Until then I'm taking my trip on the couch.

4. WXYZ

WXYZ Well-Known Member

The good news about baby boom retirement.....now we get to blame "them" for everything that is screwed up from here on........and.....I am sure there will be plenty.

5. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

It's like having from row seats at the Bozo show. Glad I'm out of the game without a doubt.

Don't want to be cash after the 1st but really haven't found anything to get excited about. Starting new positions get me nervous and being stubborn in trying to catch the bottom doesn't always work.

6. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

If a person wants a deal on homes or vehicles, wait 3-6 months.

7. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Same trip different daze. Did a couple flips thanks to the tweetergate files. Should have already bought Apple and Amazon being stubborn and trying to time the bottom works until it doesn't. Tesla is my main target for now. The World still wobbles and the Dollar still spends, life is good in my hood.

8. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

AAPL and AMZN are looking juicy. I still think we have more downside in the air though. Same day different plays, on the couch we stays.

9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

10. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Got kicked out of the Tesla club for 30 days. Reluctant to buy anything to hold until the dust settles. The investor side of me sees great prices. The trader side is trying to flip me out.

IndependentCandy14 likes this.
  11. IndependentCandy14

IndependentCandy14 Active Member

I Hate the Wash Rules too.
    But Look on the Bright Side, you maybe able to get a better Price in a Month.

-IndependentCandy14

12. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

They're marking down homes in my area and people are begging to sell their cars. I don't think the bubble has popped yet and it's going to be a rude awakening for the unprepared. Anyone that bought homes with ARM loans are in bad shape. Some of the guys that bought the ridiculously priced cars and trucks are having second thoughts.
    Time to bundle up and take another trip on the couch.

13. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how the markets react to the new spending bill on this blistering cold day. Put a couple extra logs in the fireplace and taking another trip on the couch.

14. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Just realized how much I dislike cold weather. It's been between 1 and 5 degrees the past couple of days. I'm a lousy Eskimo and have great respect for those than can endure it.

Not sure about the Santa Claus recovery that everyone is anticipating, 2022 was the year of the reckoning and things still don't look so rosey. I'm taking yet another trip on the couch and waiting for the ultimate margin call.

15. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

You're going the wrong way Santa.

16. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Everything I'm looking at is getting cheaper. A low float high yield that I'd like to own is dropping which is unusual, tax harvesting must be a thing.
    I look at my account as a savings and loan account, I expect capital gains in return "quickly" I want my fu**ing money now".The money is safe until I spend it on something. I see no reason to invest in something and watch the unrealized gains drizzle away. It doesn't always go as planned but my overall average makes up for the losses.
    I don't want to be a unsecured business partner only to watch the tables turn. Bond holders get paid first in liquidations and the commons get wiped out.
    2022 has been the year of the reckoning for a lot of people, had I held my positions I would be in seriously deep trouble. A true fact is if your position is down 50% down it has to increase 100% just to be back where you started. That doesn't appeal to me.
    Some puff on the hopium pipe and wait for better days, others watch the signals that move the markets and use those to their advantage.

For now I sit,watch,anticipate and wait.
    Taking another trip on the couch watching the World do its thang.

17. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Newtons Law.

IndependentCandy14 and WXYZ like this.
  18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

A little over 3 hours to officially close the books for 2022. I ended up buying 1 company today, hate to be empty handed. It's up a tiny bit and looks to be a victim of collateral damage. The 3 day weekend will be a great time to tally it all up and find the actual tax amount, gotta pay Joe. Although it's highly unlikely it would be nice to be a member of the 100% club. Time to catch up on tweetergate and see how the World has been wobbling. Just another trip on the couch with plenty of coke n hookers.

19. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

BRICs and stones will brake my bones but gold will never hurt me. 2022 was a good year overall, didn't make the millionaires club or even the 100% club. Satisfied with the results, even after figuring in the tax man's cut. Ended up with more than I started with. My investor side would be seriously upside down in a sea of red and that doesn't appeal to me. My trader side could use some improvements, and although I didn't make honor roll I'm aware of the weak areas.
    Just another trip on the couch.

20. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

I bonds are not a bad idea, even Tbills are waking up. I held 1 position over the holiday, its slightly up but if it drops I'm out.Keeping my magic 8 ball polished and trying to time the bottom. It works until it doesn't, beats smoking the hopium pipe. Broke out another jar of glassed eggs and canned goods. Just another trip on the couch.