Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

The Buffett Indicator and market crashes

Discussion in 'Investing' started by TomB16, Nov 20, 2018.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Active Member

Like everyone, I watch the Buffett Indicator (Total market cap / GDP) to keep an eye on market value. As it gets particularly high, I reduce or even stop reinvestment based on a childishly simple formula.

As best I can tell, all but the most novice investors monitor the Buffett Indicator. This is new, since the last crash.

I wonder how much the BI will affect market dynamics. It will have a cooling affect on hot markets that might otherwise overheat and blow up.

Do you think the nature of crashes/corrections is going to change or perhaps has changed? I look forward to reading the insight of others.