The Covid-19 Vaccine

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by ddebrazza, Aug 27, 2021.

1. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Not sure how many of you have already seen this but this guy, "Dr. Sean Brooks," recently attended his local school board meeting in SW Ohio to discuss Mask Mandates specifically for students and teachers.

Instead, "Dr. Sean Brooks," used his 3-minutes to declare that anyone who had taken the mRNA vaccine would be dead "in 6 months, to 3-5 years."

https://flipboard.com/article/dr-se...scare-video-goes-viral/f-fb05160ac4/heavy.com

I have only begun researching the various claims he makes; cytokine storms, blood clots, etc. but it seems most of it has largely been debunked as bullshit HOWEVER it did turn up some interesting information.

This is the first time in history that mRNA has been approved for use in humans and the FDA granted EUA (Emergency Use Authorization) for the vaccine after a simple 8-week trial.

I have received the 1 shot of the Pfizer vaccine myself but am currently waiting before getting another shot or a booster. While I dont think that everyone who got the vaccines will drop dead in the next 3-5 years, I do agree in a sense that not enough is known about mRNA vaccines and their long-term affects.

How do YOU guys feel about the vaccines? vaccine passports? employers mandating vaccines?

Crazy times we are living in.

Not sure how Dr. Fauci still has a job after being caught lying to Americans multiple times. First in regards to the effectiveness of masks, admitting he lied in order to stop Americans from rushing out to buy masks and potentially depleting the supply of masks available to front-line workers. How many lives this did cost?

How do you guys feel about Masks? Mask Mandates? Do you wear a mask?

Here in Arizona, at least from what I have seen, Masks are still "encouraged," but not required except when you are in a hospital,doctor office, and government buildings such as courts. These are the only places in Arizona where masks are required.

Discuss. Please keep it Friendly and Factual.

2. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

As of today, there have been 30.7 Million (roughly 10% of US Population) COVID-19 Infections reported in the United States with 652,000 of those resulting in Death (2% Mortality Rate).

190 Million US Residents have received at least 1 dose of vaccine (58% of Population) and 164 Million (50%) are fully vaccinated.

By these numbers, this would mean roughly 70% of the US Population has either had COVID-19 and recovered or received at least 1 dose of vaccine. If you add in the number of people who have had COVID and not known or not reported it, I would have to believe that we are closer to 73-75% of the Population.

Does Herd Immunity even exist when the virus continues to mutate?

The LAMDA variant is the newest variant which the WHO declares to the be more resilient to the current vaccines and more transmissible than other variants. The scary part is majority of the LAMDA cases are from South America where illegal migrants continue to flood towards the US Border.

The WHO has gone to using Greek nomenclature for naming COVID variants. The WHO references VOI's and VOC's, Variants of Interest and Variants of Concern.

https://www.who.int/en/activities/tracking-SARS-CoV-2-variants/

3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Vaccines: For it
    Vaccine Passports: Need it
    Employer mandated vaccination: Against it

4. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

FEAR FEAR FEAR... it is the job of the mainstream media to sell FEAR

I am more talking about it from a Rights' stand-point. I am a bit worried at the extent that we keep allowing our Rights' to be violated.

Never did I think there would be a time when I might be REQUIRED to put a vaccine into my arm in order to visit my local supermarket or when I was going out to dinner that I would be asked for proof of vaccination and if I did not have it, I would be turned away or allowed to dine outdoors only.

Feels a lot like Jim Crow shit.

The Non-vaccinated can eat the scraps, they just got to pick them up behind the building.

One thing for certain, all these additional measures they are taking, so far the numbers just keep INCREASING. Could be a BRUTAL winter.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  5. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Game of Thrones said it best.

Winter Is Coming.

6. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

China claims they have only had 95,000 cases of COVID and 4,600 Deaths (ranked 107th of all countries reporting)

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

IF this information is true, which no one believes it is, why are more questions not being asked about how they Virus is ripping through every industrialized/ populated country EXCEPT China?

I wish I knew someone in China who I could get perhaps accurate information from.

I still believe this was a lab leak scenario, whether from negligence or intentional.

Will China ever have to pay for their crimes against humanity?

7. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

The group of people with PhDs are the most hesitant to get the "experimental" vaccine followed by those with the lowest levels of education who don't know anything about the science, but do know that they don't trust their government.

8. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Wrong on the PHD part, true on the stupid and uneducated part.

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Terrible story here, this guy has three lovely daughters and a fourth child on the way:

upload_2021-8-29_11-21-24.png

Syynik and removedatuserrequest like this.
  10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

11. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This unfortunate Georgia cop fell for the same nonsense...

upload_2021-8-29_11-27-18.png

13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Life Fitness coach "as long as you are healthy you will be fine!"

[​IMG]

14. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This brave young lady refused to be a sheep!

At least she died with her liberty and freedom!

upload_2021-8-29_11-43-57.png

15. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This brave patriot was not going to let stupid mandates and restrictions dictate where she can go and how live her life!

upload_2021-8-29_12-6-19.png
    upload_2021-8-29_12-6-34.png

Unfortunately COVID did not care about her politcal ideologies.

upload_2021-8-29_12-7-11.png

and the worst part is that both her and her husband died, leaving behind 4 children. :(

upload_2021-8-29_12-7-57.png

16. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

There is an entire Facebook group of people who "simply don't know the long term side effects" of the vaccine, but they sure are willing to try eat or inject apple flavored horse paste from a tube because the internet said its a good idea.

[​IMG]

17. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

But seriously, don't be stupid, you dont take the one for sheep! You need to take the horse paste one from the tube you moron!

[​IMG]

18. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Okay busted, maybe, but I was quoting the statistics given by the Ph.D. in the video, but your anecdotal stories are not the hard facts either. It seems to me the CDC is negligent in providing useful information and only push the experimental vaccine. By the way, I did not use the word "stupid", that's your add.

Anecdotally, I can say that two of the PhDs I work with are more than hesitant to get the vaccine. Another who actually got the first shot, contracted some sort of nerve disorder that requires therapy that insurance won't pay for and of course there is no opportunity for recourse against the vaccine developer. Needless to say, she will not be receiving the 2nd dose.

Also, my son-in-law has had and tested positive for Covid twice, perhaps three times now. My daughter and their children probably likewise but not tested. He works in a hospital, he/they is/are not in the hospital. My daughter is an occupational therapist for a school district that is mandating she get the experimental vaccine that doesn't appear to work anyway. Liberty or the Party Line? I guess this site sides with the Party. I better bone up on my Chinese.

19. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its not experimental. mRNA has been worked on by thousands of PHDs for over the past 30yrs.

Thanks to Trump's operation warpspeed, the development was boosted with funding to get this vaccine out to us!

Yup, anybody full capable of getting the vaccine and choosing not to because they "did their own research" is stupid.

Anecdotally 15 of the PHD's I know are double vaxxed and perfectly healthy.

That means antibodies have allowed his body to fight it off giving him the opportunity to live another day! If only there was a way to get antibodies into more of the population!

Its not experimental, its FDA approved. Getting the vaccine does not mean you dont get COVID (Delta variant now). Getting the vaccine and catching COVID means you might still end up in hospital, but you don't die at the same rate as the unvaccinated:

upload_2021-8-29_16-5-20.png

upload_2021-8-29_16-5-53.png

The most idiotic thing to come with COVID is the idea that its partisan. One side must love the vaccine, communism and Chinese. The other side are patriots and love freedom... makes perfect sense.

If you had told me in the beginning of 2020 that a virus will come along that will kill Republicans, I would have laughed in your face... yet here we are:

upload_2021-8-29_16-9-12.png

Syynik and T0rm3nted like this.
  20. rg7803

rg7803 Well-Known Member

Here during third week of September we'll reach 85% population fully vacinated; remaining 15% will be children under 12 yo and a small portion of "non-believers and free spirits", around 2%, who will pretend to not take it.

Maybe because memory is still fresh about last century strong pandemic episodies, maybe because people still know stories about "spanish flew", maybe because people lived two great wars and know that war and desease join hands, I hadn't noted any significant rejection to vaccines program.

We did it by ages, the older people first, and people running the vaccination program were afraid when reaching younger generations, under 20/25, adherence or participation would fall. Wrong, young people show a strong sign of maturity and joined program strongly.