The Covid-19 Vaccine

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by ddebrazza, Aug 27, 2021.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

My wife and I both have two shots of Phizer. Mine were 9 weeks apart, my wife's were 7 weeks apart.

Both of us had minor ache at the injection site for the first shot. Both of us were hit pretty hard on the second shot.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

My folks in Tampa just got their 3rd Pfizer shot, Walgreens is doing it.

3. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Active Member

The Earth has survived way worse than us. We're just hastening our own demise.

Me, my wife, and my kids over 12 are all double dosed on Pfizer. Small side effects from me, a bit more from my wife, the kids were unaffected.

Syynik likes this.
  4. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

this cat is deep. i've read couple of his books, anti-fragile and skin in the game. here is his take on covid. when you have 15 minutes check it out. like his books may have to re-watch for this information to be absorbed.

#64 emmett kelly, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  5. Syynik

Syynik Well-Known Member

Per the Moderna, I had to wait several weeks for the second dose. I have friends who got Pfizer, was there a time frame as well?

6. Syynik

Syynik Well-Known Member

How long ago did they get the second dose?

I'm reading Moderna is stating between 6 and 8 months.

7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I got my first dose of Moderna in February last year. Sore arm was the only side effect for about 2 days. I got my 2nd does of Moderna exactly 28 days later as recommended at the time. Felt nothing for about 20 hours, then got chills and a little nauseous. Went home from work at that point and took a 3-4 hour nap and felt completely fine after that. Just the sore arm for another day or so.

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

This is part of the American working world. Most states are "right to work" which means you can be hired and fired for anything. The military, healthcare, schools, etc. have required proof of vaccinations/immunizations for decades. Unfortunately for those who don't want to take the vaccine, employers realize that their businesses are more likely to continue running normal operations if their employees are vaccinated. Less people getting sick, therefore less people out on sick leave with symptoms, and less people infecting other employees. It's all about the dollar.

There are conflicting studies on this. This one released by the CDC last month found that the unvaccinated people who previously had COVID were 2.34 times more likely to get another case of COVID than those vaccinated. This study found that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than the vaccine, however also found that natural immunity + the first dose of the vaccine resulted in added protection as well.

Thankfully there's no evidence that any of the variants are mutating fast enough to "replace" delta to this point. There's also growing evidence that each mutation is still protected by the vaccine.

See first response above. This has been going on for decades in the military, public sector in some cases, and schools. What we're seeing now is PRIVATE businesses joining in to require vaccines for their employees, similar to how many private sector hospitals have been doing in the past. If Home Depot or wherever is mandating the vaccine, that's part of the capitalist system requiring their employees to stay healthy, as well as keep their healthcare coverage cost down. I have yet to see the government mandate a vaccine. Mandating a vaccine TO WORK IN A SPECIFIC JOB is happening though. That's part of right-to-work.

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

8 months ago