The Covid-19 Vaccine

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by ddebrazza, Aug 27, 2021.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about your wife, ddebrazza.

I continue to assert there is a lot to be learned about the mindset of the average trader from these sort of discussions.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im so sorry to hear that ddbrazza! :(

If or when you are ready, could you share more details on what happened?

A friend of my wife, her husband died two weeks after the vaccine. Whether or not it was directly responsible is difficult to say, but we dont have to hide from these events, it happens.

Still I need to be firm on this, Republicans in ICU's are dying in huge numbers vs Democrats and it all comes down to vaccine hesitation and bad information.

bearmarketcrash likes this.
  3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

[edited to save everyone some time]

#83 TomB16, Nov 14, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  4. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

this thread is turning a little too political for my taste, but, anyway, i'm a libertarian and got my booster shot yesterday. my belief is that the authors of studies can twist data to show whatever outcome they prefer to convince people to believe. last time i checked a person's political party is not indicated on their medical records or death certificates and if even if they were hipaa laws would not allow that data to be released. that being said i do not believe any data showing more of this party or that dying of covid.

bearmarketcrash and PatelFSU like this.
  5. ddebrazza

ddebrazza Active Member

Sure. Her and I were both very much supporters of the vaccine and wanted to do our part. We both got fully vaccinated shortly after the shots became available to our age group.

She had Crohn's disease but otherwise was healthy. Her Crohn's was being managed by a medication called Stelera and during flare-ups she would take a steroid.

When the shots first became available, they did not have really any screening/ restrictions on who should/shouldnt take the vaccine and what medications, if any would cause a reaction.

NOW, we know that steroids and other medications (including Stelera) can lead to complications.

She first developed what doctors were calling "reactive arthritis," which basically her entire body swelling up and hurting. 33 days after receiving the 2nd vaccine, she did not wake up. Her organs failed in the middle of the night and I woke up next to a dead woman.

I am not Anti-Vax, I am Anti-Mandate. Healthcare decisions should always be made on a personal and individualized basis, imo. Had her employment not been contingent on taking this vaccine, she would likely be alive today as she did not want to get the vaccine (she had just recently given birth to our son)