The Daily Trading Thread - Daytrades, Swing Trades and Stock Picks

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. the owl

the owl Active Member

Not that I was playing it or even had it on my radar - but FOSL came out of nowhere.

Just jumped into CARA this morning too.

fireopal likes this.
  2. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

TWLO up nice - HTGM over $5 now - MARK still heading higher :D

3. fireopal

HTGM 1 penny short of my $5.50 target - out @$5.45. Watching for another play maybe over on $500 account that i still have to work lol. MYO still waiting on ER but news this morning has it playing with $4's again

4. fireopal

few back on radar >> ROKU - VERI oversold (nice little move up to $16's) - MEET creeping. ZN good short this morning that i didn't do & real nice red to green move - on watch now for real short lol

adding - ZN has warrants in play here & released news about striking oil which is what has this thing moving - have to check into warrant info b/c this might be heading much higher b/f coming back down & this assumption is based on news that may be just a pump for warrants to be unloaded & there is no oil lol

#2984 fireopal, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  5. fireopal

would be real nice if CARA, CALA & KALA could make this a family affair & all move up together!!

Neil Allen likes this.
  6. fireopal

Really havta pay more attention to NVDA - seems to have a nice pull back in mornings more times than not b/f making a nice move up - saw it over on $500 account earlier when it was in low $230's - coulda bought 2 & made about $20 rather than try to get another HTGM play that was done & only doing a couple cent up/down moves.

7. the owl

the owl Active Member

NVDA usually runs up before earnings in anticipation, then drops after (even the the ER is positive).

fireopal likes this.
  8. the owl

the owl Active Member

As I mentioned before, I think we are finally getting somewhere with CRMD. A lot of large purchases keep happening, its about time to go!

9. Neil Allen

Neil Allen Well-Known Member

Wed. 2/14: RVP: $0.90 +11% --- WIX: $71.70 +9 % (pounded table @ $52) --- YY: $128.86 +9% --- ALXN: $123.20 +8% --- SBHGF: $22:03 + 4%

lucked out on NVDA - bought way too much on Fri. - sold 1/2 position today;

bought CTSH, DXC, CMCM & JD yesterday - holding ---

keep an eye on FUNAY: $22 - second largest holding in ETF: BOTZ (robotics & ai)

also, HVBTF: $1.50 - largest and most powerful "mining co." for cryptos - they merged with Genesis -

(strong cash position) - listed on NASD as an ADR.

also, included in ETF for blockchain: BLOK (holds 3M shares)

#2989 Neil Allen, Feb 14, 2018
  10. Neil Allen

really like KALA - not so enamored with CALA, but love CARA :D also, i was absolutely wrong about MTCH - it's breaking out big time - good call!

NKTR went ballistic today - remember FOLD? finally broke $15, but not recommending -- also, XOMA is one to watch since you like KALA o_O

11. fireopal

o_O how do you buy too much of NVDA - up very nice in 6 days from $204-5 lows :rolleyes::D really should have picked up 2 shares for other account - woulda been easy money!!

12. fireopal

like em all & have not given up on CALA just yet - not the first time she spent time in the deep south but seems to avoiding that gap down there that leads to the $4-2 swamp lands on this trip so that's good!! AND that makes 2 now :D but VRX did come down BUT only b/c of goofy report & looks like it found bottom in $16's so think filling that gap down there is still not gonna happen (knocking on wood right now though!)

Just pulled up chart for FOLD - looks good & might have some play left - will keep on radar tomorrow so thanks for posting pick a little earlier that is not overbought :p

back to say n/m FOLD - get why you were not recommending BUT see some nice block buys around close into a/h & would expect it to be down more than it is on this news >>> Amicus Therapeutics Announces Public Offering of Common Stock https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amicus-therapeutics-announces-public-offering-210100217.html.

#2992 fireopal, Feb 14, 2018
  13. fireopal

haven't played TEVA for awhile but has been on watch lately & just moved up to #1 on my list with this news >> Teva Shares Pop After-Hours on News of Berkshire Investment -- "Berkshire Hathaway purchased 18.9 million shares of the drugmaker, according to its 13F filing...." https://www.thestreet.com/story/144...stment.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

PS - over @ SEC & i give up - not seeing/finding filing to get exact TEVA PPS but he added in last Q 2017 so pps range then was $11 - $19 & if i had to guess then would say he probably came in around $11-$13 range in 11/17.

#2993 fireopal, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  14. Neil Allen

on FOLD - i'm just "weary to my bones" on this one - too many head-fakes over last 3 years - eventually, it will break out on good news - at $20 - i'm a buyer.

15. Neil Allen

Nintendo (NTDOY): $54 - strong buy - here's why:

Fundamentals

The legendary Japanese video game maker had seen its stock price skyrocket 77.74% over the last 52-weeks.

Yet, investors will likely be happy to note that Nintendo's stock price sits 8.5% below its 52-week high water mark. This should give the stock room to grow without the added burden of having to break through a new threshold.

However, looking ahead, Nintendo's stock could theoretically soar past its current year long high if it closes in on our current Zacks Consensus Estimates. The company is projected to see its current quarter sales soar 138% to reach $3.81 billion.

Looking further down the road to Nintendo's current full fiscal year-which ends in March-the company's earnings are projected to reach $1.23 per share. This would mark a 232.43% year-over-year jump. What's more, Nintendo's full-year revenues are projected to surge 112% to hit $9.51 billion, based on Zacks Consensus Estimates.

Nintendo's current cash flow growth rate of 92.06% also blows away the "Toys - Games - Hobbies" industry's 10% average, and crushes competitors such as Electronic Arts (EA) . This should help the company invest in the future.

What's more, the company has received one positive earnings estimate revision for its current fiscal year within the last 60 days. In that same time frame, Nintendo also received one positive revision for the following year.

16. Neil Allen

on NVDA - it's a great ride going up - but, it can whipsaw ya and plunge at any time - still have too much :confused:

17. the owl

the owl Active Member

do you guys know anything about QBAK?

Sounds promising for the future but I am struggling to find credible information on it.

18. fireopal

No plays today BUT came close to picking up some TEVA in pre & then again before heading out & glad i didn't b/c doesn't look like i missed much & might be able to get some under $20!

19. fireopal

Started to reply but go sidetracked so trying again. Have been "playing" QBAK for a couple years & is one of the few remaining go to stocks that i haven't lost like some others lol. Just sold swing from $9's last week & don't trust it so tend not to hold. Believe there was one significant insider buy last year but there are also couple insiders that seem to sell pretty consistently too so don't like that. Highest it's been since i have been playing is $13's which was a great play so might hit that again but am expecting another pull back under $10 which is where i like to get it :)

20. Neil Allen

Thurs. watchlist:

HVBTF: $1.68 + 12% (crypto-currency mining)

BDRBF: $2.94 + 10% (aircraft)

SBHGF: $23.50 + 6% (RippleNet blockchain) #1 fav for 2018

#3000 Neil Allen, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018