The Daily Trading Thread - Daytrades, Swing Trades and Stock Picks

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Neil Allen

Neil Allen Well-Known Member

@fireopal - bios/meds of interest: IRWD, ARRY, IMMU, AIMT & GLYC.

fireopal likes this.
  2. the owl

the owl Active Member

RIOT is coming down this morning, any recommendations for a good entry point?

3. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

one big red bag NVAX finally moved out of my closet. Results coming soon so will be playing :D

4. fireopal

CALA finally!! ZN nice little red to green move this morning. IMGN new 52 week highs > $11's - overbought territory now. NVAX cant get back over resistance & SO happy to be out from under that bag - feel rich even though i only made 41 cents ps lol Definitely one to keep on radar imo b/c nice big gap up there to fill which is what had me loading up on this to begin with BUT way too soon - still think/believe it will fill in some year.

5. fireopal

6. Neil Allen

SEC going after crypto-related and blockchain-related fraudulent public companies - they're popping up like weeds in the pinks and on the BB - even RIOT is looking "guilty by association."

Response from RIOT CEO:

"To my knowledge, we were also the first Nasdaq listed company to have blockchain in its name and had no idea what the market reaction would be when the transition was made.”

In it, O’Rourke said Riot has made several investments in blockchain companies, including a minority stake in Coinsquare, a digital currency exchange in Canada; 8,000 cryptocurrency mining machines; and 500 bitcoins won during a U.S. Marshals Service bitcoin auction.

“When I joined the board of Bioptix in January 2017 the Company had been reeling from a failed FDA approval and an acquisition of a new venture bleeding cash. I feel obligated to state unequivocally that pivoting away from these legacy ventures to Riot Blockchain was the right course,” O’Rourke said."

CNBC reporter:

Anchor Michelle Caruso-Cabrera showed up at the swanky Boca Raton Resort and Club in Florida, where the company had twice said it would hold its annual shareholders meeting only to cancel at the last minute. The hotel reportedly said no meeting rooms had ever been booked under the name Riot Blockchain.

When she arrived at Riot Blockchain’s office, Caruso-Cabrera found CEO John O’Rourke, who promptly shut the door on her before agreeing to talk off camera.

7. Neil Allen

Fri. watchlist: MULE: $30.81 ▲ 18% --- X: $44.75 + ▲ 15% --- BL: $39.12 ▲ 11 %

[​IMG]

#3007 Neil Allen, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  8. Neil Allen

@fireopal - CALA: $8.10 + 1.15 (17%) --- ACRX: $1.90 + .15 (9%) --- NVAX on vol. 31M @ $2.34 looks like it wants to break out :)

9. fireopal

after seeing news, i moved this up on watch list - could be another MARK with a real nice bounce coming.

10. fireopal

See, knew my girt CALA would come through "eventually" :D And NVAX had some really nice block buys coming in & came real close to picking up 200 shares over @ $500 account when it dipped but decided to hold off until next week b/c don't wanna lose that play money via holding another bag of this there!!

Neil Allen likes this.
  11. fireopal

LRCX & HTGM nice today. Watching VERI - MARK - HMNY - NVAX.

12. Neil Allen

LRCX was $166 just 10 days ago - incredible run! When are u selling NVAX?

13. Neil Allen

Mon. 2/20 watchlist: FOGO: $15.55 + 23% --- VYGR: $23.66 + 22% --- TWMJF: $23.42 + 11%

14. fireopal

guess you missed post >> sold NVAX on Fri & posted that i felt rich even though i didn't make as much per share as i normally do lol. On watch for possible play over @ $500 account where i can't buy too much but having some problems with resistance & results even if good probably won't push it too much beyond $3.

15. the owl

the owl Active Member

Sorry, I have't been very involved lately, NVDA is on the way down if you want to watch for an entry point though!

Unfortunately I held CRMD too long and got crushed.

16. Neil Allen

Wed. 2/21: JMEI: $3.02 + 4% --- WIX: $77.30 + 3% --- VUZI: $8.30 + 2%

17. Neil Allen

congrats on NVAX :) i'm still holding VUZI - could be take-over candidate - keep an eye on PETS, STM, YY, HUN & NTDOY.

18. the owl

the owl Active Member

Had a nice play on ROKU today, glad I got out before the end though it is down 20% in after hours.

fireopal likes this.
  19. fireopal

Thanks & looks like i made the right choice :) And i always have my eye on PETS still holding starter & it most certainly is taking its time this time!!

Neil Allen likes this.
  20. fireopal

Congrats :) woulda been a great short!