The gardening Thread.

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Z-OldEurope, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Z-OldEurope

Z-OldEurope Active Member

I love gardening and this thread is about it !

Who is also into it ??? Feel free to post your success
    Im to late for it this year, but "The Kelsae" is on the way.
    Just ordered it.

dzinovski-crni-luk-seme-the-kelsae.jpg

What a nice giant Onion.

My Focus this year are, Tomatoes.

Im Tomato addicted and the easiest way to get some nice tasting Tomatoes is grow it by you self !!
    Not the industrial crap that you can buy at the supermarket and tastes like.. nothing. I remember
    Grandpas tomatoes. You could eat them like a apple. Tasty, salty and simply great. And thats the
    thing im trying to bring back.

At the moment, im searching for some old serbian sort tomato seeds for the next year.

This year i planted 2 sorts, we will see how they will develop.

More to come soon. With pics.

Greets,

Z.

#1 Z-OldEurope, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  2. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Just bought a house, so I finally have a yard. Have good memories of working in my grandpa's garden, but at the time I hated it lol. Will try to plant stuff that I eat a lot of, to defray some costs and for relaxation.

So far I'm working on green onions (like shallots) which are super easy, and cilantro. I've got onion seeds. Having the cilantro sprout was a big confidence booster to give something else a try. Got a papaya tree...I don't know if trees belong in a gardening thread.

I've thought about getting tomatoes but I don't seem to eat them that often. But when you taste how good fresh stuff from your own garden can be... Thinking about lettuce, if what I've got right now goes well and I have space.

Z-OldEurope likes this.
  3. Z-OldEurope

Thanks for answering, cool !!

Greets Zzz ;)

#3 Z-OldEurope, Jun 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  4. Z-OldEurope

He he he. Btw.

My Girlfriend loves cilantro, (me NOT), its a little bit ... getting used to... baah o_O

But for her, i tried to grow it. No chance.
    4 different places and all a got at the moment is small tiny plants, strong taste but no mass.

Maybe wrong seeds, maybe to less sun here.. hmm

Just talked yesterday with her about that ;)

Quote: "Dear, i think we should continue buy it, i see no chance for a nice harvest.."

5. SomeDudeAtHome

We did a raised bet garden this year. Not very big but we have 6 tomato plants, broccoli, brussel sprouts, basil, jalapenos, green beans and butternut squash growing. Also have some oregano and strawberry plants growing in containers on the patio. So far everything has something growing on it. Funny thing is I don't even eat most of the stuff but the wife does. I just enjoy gardening and growing it. It is a great way to save some money during the summer.

6. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

it is now few years since I planted my own veg. with the olives grove to keep in order an da bit of trading I like to relax the rest of my free time
    however I got quite a big garden and have a lot fruit trees + many berry (mull resp etc..)(I love fruits I would eat it all day)

upload_2016-6-17_13-48-28.png (loquat)
    the mulberry + cherry have just finished the loquat one quality nearly finish the foto started to eat now :p:D