The New Guy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Biedec48, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Biedec48

Biedec48 New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm a 26 year old guy looking towards making himself and family a bit more financially secure. I mainly want to start out with small swing trade until I build enough to be able to afford some of the larger more stable stocks...I don't have a ton of capital to start out with, but I'm willing to start out slow and learn the right way.

I feel like I need to somehow shadow someone and see the decision making process they use, because as a beginner (day 2) it's very daunting to sort all of the information available.

If anyone is willing to help point me in the right directionor share their methods feel free to message me.

Thanks in advance,

Calvin

StockJock-e likes this.
  2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Welcome to the boards!

Biedec48 likes this.
  3. Biedec48

Biedec48 New Member

Thanks! Im really excited to learn all I can.

4. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard Calvin! If your going to be a swing trader it is important to learn Technical Analysis (TA) using charts to get you the best entry and exit prices finding the support and resistance levels. It is never a sure thing but it will get you going in the right direction. Use the Bollinger Bands with the RSI indicator where you can determine when a stock is overbought or oversold. There are many other indicators to learn but this is the heart of it for me. Many traders make their charts too busy and complicated. I like to keep simple and easy to read.You will want to learn Fundamental Analysis (FA) as well to kick the tires on a said stock so to speak. Always keep track of the news on said stocks as that can be a driver for a stock whether it be up or down.

Teach me Technical Analysis! (By Gil Oren)
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/teach-me-technical-analysis.125/

TTT

Rishi_at_Tiingo and Gray Wolf like this.
  5. Biedec48

Biedec48 New Member

This post is exactly the type of thing I was looking for when I came here.