The Official Stockaholics Discord Server

Discussion in 'The Cocktail Lounge' started by Stockaholic, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Stoch

Stoch Well-Known Member

Cy, do you still have to 2020 yearly contest? I'm curious how the ETSY vs ENPH competition is finishing up?

2. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

stock1234 likes this.
  3. Stoch

Stoch Well-Known Member

Thanks, but just a lucky pick on a solar stock. Square and Etsy did well also

stock1234 likes this.
  4. stock1234

stock1234 2017 Stockaholics Contest Winner

All good Cy. I know how time consuming it was to run all of those contests. Good to see we will see the contests again on discord :D

Stockaholic likes this.
  5. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Sounds impressive. I will be glad to give it a try, hope I am able to figure it out.
    If I don't, it's not because @bigbear0083 wasn't helpful with his explanation. I just need to figure out my password for the Discord server.

Stockaholic likes this.
  6. Stockaholic

Sounds good guys! And thank you so much for chiming in here and letting me know that y'all's will be participating in there next year. Actually am really looking forward to seeing how it goes. :D

Hey BTW, not sure if this would help any(?) but I was just thinking about this earlier today and thought I'd asked.

But, how about the idea of posting weekly updates for the monthly stock picking contests here on the forums?

I suppose I could create a new sub-channel here on the forums, or maybe just use our existing group section from waaaaay back when. And post weekly updates there.

I actually was doing that on r/StockMarket last year, since some people didn't want to be bothered with checking into the Discord server every day or whatever.

Think I could try to work something out with that. We'll see. Let me know how you guys would feel about that. This way you guys wouldn't have to log into the chat too much, and would really only need to do so when you want to go submit your picks.

7. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Is there going to be a Google spreadsheet?

Btw I made it to the Discord server and I got my name (anotherdevilsadvocate).

Stockaholic likes this.
  8. Stockaholic

Awesome! And yup Marcy, the Google Sheet I’ll be using for the contests and market direction polls will be exactly identical to the ones I used to run here.

Speaking of the spreadsheets, I’m actually currently writing up a new bot command that will allow members in the discord server to pull a screenshot of the contest spreadsheet right into the channel. So for example, when someone types !stockpickcontest in the chat, my bot would post the screenshot of the google sheet.

One of the amazing things about discord are the bots that I can run in there. It helps that I know a bit of programming so really the possibilities are endless. :D The bots are really going to be such a time saver for me since l’ll be able to automate a lot of this.

Will be catching up with you guys on the discord server soon!

9. Stockaholic

And done! Seems to be working fine. :D

Let me know what y'all's think.

Here is the yearly contest as an example:

[​IMG]

10. Stockaholic

Also just made it possible to pull the weekly market direction pollsters and their weekly market direction votes via a bot command on the discord server. :D

Here in the below screenshot example, I'm using a spreadsheet I was running on the discord server from earlier in the year.

There's soooooooo much I can do with this, it's really mind blowing haha. I can program shit to my heart's content. Love it. :D

[​IMG]

11. Stockaholic

so i just changed the discord server's banner (the one you see on the top left of your screen when logged into the chat) so that it has the logo's for both r/stockmarket and stockaholics. albeit, i had some help with it. but i think it came out great. :D

i needed to do this cause some people who were joining up from the forums here were a little confused as to why there was only a logo for r/stockmarket showing in the chat server when both of our communities (r/stockmarket and stockaholics) are connected and sharing the chat. :p

[​IMG]