TipTops - Top Picks

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Markets are up and down this morning as Oil is pressuring the market. S is off it's highs but up slightly. AMD is down with the semi's and the 6.75 bounce point is holding. WPX is down big on oil drop and if oil keeps dropping a 1st tier buy at the $9 level would be a good foot in the door as we don't know how far oil will drop.

2. Tiptopptrader

Nothing green this morning in this broader market meltdown. AMD down over 5% as the shorts attack. S down 1.47% as it is still overbought. MPEL holding well on Macau expectations down .72%. UVE has been down but holding good considering the markets this week. Should it touch $21 it might be a good entry for those with out shares,

3. Tiptopptrader

I am a little late to the dance, been up about 28 hours helping a friend. o_O With that I probably won't make any suggestions today. It is nice to see some green today

4. Tiptopptrader

We have a mixed choppy market today. AMD appears to be breaking out again as S is on the rise again. MGM beats and MPEL misses. UVE moving good today and a nice little bounce from the $21 entry I suggested on it's thread. WPX missed but had good guidance and running good today on oil

5. Tiptopptrader

Strong rally today on Jobs report. It has given considerable strength to my longs, BAC and VLY and more of a chance of a rate hike. AMD continues the climb up on a $8 price target fro MKM. S jumped to 6.35 to pull back and down 4 cents. MPEL and MGM both up as Macau is showing signs of life. I consider them my own personal gaming ETF :)

If you feel like a gamble you can get the VLY SEP 16th $10 calls for 5 cents. I bought some with my mad money. No volume on that today

6. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

shame I just seen this... otherwise I might have put some of my "vino" money on it
    still I might have time to DD and buy on Monday.... but I trust you do enough DD for both of us and the neighbor as well :D:D

ciao amico mio :)

7. Tiptopptrader

Well like I said amico mio this is a gamble at this time but VLY might put a little money in your pocket if financials remain strong. There is 42 days left to expiration and 60 cents needed to be in the money. Maybe 30 cents or so needed to make a decent profit.

8. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

I am in for VLY Sep 16 $10 calls! :D
    A small position thus not a big deal even if it is worthless by then.

9. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

I like to gamble specially with the profit ... otherwise the wife will spend it all :D:D
    TTT do you think it is worth to open an "option thread" not too get too involved but just to post this type of "trade"
    I try to explain it better...
    you posted>> VLY SEP 16th $10 calls for 5 cents here how about post it on a thread where we can see at first glance?
    many who doesn't come here won't be able to see it etc.... etc... Just an idea ...
    see even Leonx posted>>> VLY Sep 16 $10 calls
    (I do trade AIG + BNP (Paris) option with high return but with few $$€€ on them;) )

10. Tiptopptrader

Ciao an option thread would probably be a good idea. I am not a option player per-say but when I feel strong about the direction a stock is going I will play the calls/puts accordingly. I post on so many different threads, I will sometimes post my calls on a said thread or my picks thread, or both. I would have no problem duplicating my call's on a "Options Thread"

If you look at AMD1720A7 below I suggested it when it was at 20 cents on this thread a couple times over. I had bought it early on for 10 cents

My Top Gainers from yesterday
    upload_2016-8-6_6-10-9.png

11. Tiptopptrader

Markets up and down this morning and currently down. MPEL looking strong as well as AMD as WPX on fire as oil still on the rebound. I am not sure why VLY is down other than related regional banks are down this morning as financial are starting to drop. S up a few cents as telecoms are mixed and weak. MGM squeaking out a few cents as the markets are heading lower

12. Tiptopptrader

As the markets are worsening it is a good time to gauge your stocks. In my portfolio WPX is still up over 4% as MPEL is holding most of it's gains and MGM lags but still up. AMD is off its highs but still positive as the Semi's are down. S up slightly on consolidation.

13. Tiptopptrader

As we have a broader market mini rally taking place, MPEL and UVE are currently my biggest gainers. AMD has been up and down but appears to be more under consolation this morning. MGM is inching closer to that $25 resistance. S is down 4 cents but trying to push up.

14. Tiptopptrader

Too tired for an update etc, but here is my top gainers for today

upload_2016-8-9_18-12-39.png

15. Tiptopptrader

Right out the gate AMD dropped almost 5% most likely on a PR not yet available to the public. Even in a down market it has recovered quite a bit and currently down 8 cents. During this mini-meltdown, S, WPX, and T are up slightly as MPEL, MGM, F, UVE, and VLY are down but holding good.

16. Tiptopptrader

A little meltdown today put a small dent in my portfolio with BAC getting hit the worse and T and UVE in the green. I did add a small slice of VLY to my position. I called my broker again about the AMD Jan 20th $12 calls but to no avail. Two days on that and I can't get a bid in. S and F were down slightly and looked like they are primed to move up with the right market conditions.

17. Tiptopptrader

Nice broader market rally this morning. WPX and MPEL lead my portfolio. AMD is up slightly but appears weak. S down 9 cents and not sure why the drop. MGM is pushing towards the $25 mark as MPEL pushing towards $15.

18. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

TTT why are you targeting $12 for AMD? Are you looking at any other plays currently?

Wish I would've jumped on WPX below $9

19. Tiptopptrader

@AverageJoe I am not targeting $12 for AMD. It would have been a gamble the price would go up enough to make the calls quite profitable. A buck or so in the near term would do it.

Yes WPX on fire this morning up over 6 1/2 % @10.90

20. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

are the 11s too pricey then?