TipTops - Top Picks

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Nice little market rally this morning and let's hope it has continuation. I am all green but some are green pushed up by the rally. AMD and S lead my portfolio as MGM and MPEL are nibbling their way up

2. Tiptopptrader

As the bulls and bears keep trading punches the markets are down again. The only green I have is AMD, MGM, and F in and out of green.

3. Tiptopptrader

Some what of a broader market rally this morning as we wait for a Fed decision on a rate hike. All green this morning except for gaming that has pulled back on Macau weaker numbers than expected after Parisian open. Nothing new in my portfolio but I did buy some MBT DEC16 $9 Calls last week. MBT a Russian telecom was one of my bigger profit makers earlier in the year. Biggest gainer this morning UVE, followed by S and AMD.Note: S was running good yesterday until it was announced that Comcast was going to come out with there own telecom service in 2017.

As I type markets pulling back some

4. Tiptopptrader

Another nice rally today. MGM set a new 52 week high and a note on VLY, it hardly had a dip today even when the market was pulling back. It appeared maybe new buyers were coming in as it closed on the HOD as did MBT. It looks like dividend stocks may be back in favor as T may be getting out of the blocks as S soared. It is easy to be upbeat when there have been two solid market rally's. The proof is in the pudding when the markets pull back. What stocks will hold good and which will go up when the markets melt down.

upload_2016-9-22_21-25-30.png

Attached Files:

5. Tiptopptrader

I hope I didn't jinx the market :D
    We have a down market this morning and what stocks do have holding good or even better what is up in you portfolio.

I have a number holding and with AMD up over a percent and S slightly up. . .

6. Tiptopptrader

With the markets worsening I have more that up now in AMD, MPEL, S, T, and VLY as some have came off their highs.
    upload_2016-9-23_11-1-22.png

7. Tiptopptrader

We had a typical market sell off Friday after a few strong rallies and I was happy with most of my portfolio. The only exception was MBT that got a analyst downgrade according to one of our members but I could never find the article. When I brought it to the MBT thread it was 6.67 and now with the pull back it is 7.75, down from 8.14 so if you bought when I brought it, you should have made a little. I bought the DEC16 $9 Calls so I got a little time for recovery. After the drop on Friday I would wait to see the start of another trend before testing the water.

Now for the brighter side: T and AMD both looked strong and I expect them to keep climbing and even maybe in storming weather like they did Friday. VLY keeps inching higher as I think new buyers have showed up. There were good numbers out of Macau and MPEL was moving on that as MGM with less Macau exposure give back slightly from the overbought level. UVE sligtly down from the highs of late and I expect much more from the near to mid term. I still have a $32 price target on it and thinking of raising it to $36 for the long term.

For those new to my thread: With exception of MBT these are all long term and swing trades either by shares or calls. In other words I take profits along the way even on some of my longs. F has not done much in some time but I have owned it for a lot of years and the compounding of Dividends has made it a solid hold for me. I hope to do the same thing with T that pays a 4.65% dividend yield and usually increases every year.

upload_2016-9-24_13-36-26.png

8. Tiptopptrader

With the markets getting slammed it looks like the start of another trend for MBT is starting

upload_2016-9-26_8-22-49.png

9. Tiptopptrader

Another broader market meltdown today, bigger than last Fridays. AMD's gain from yesterday was erased as my financials and insurance co, took the next biggest hit. Everything else held good with strength in S, T, MBT, and MPEL. Now for the Presidential debate and see what words of wisdom comes our way.

upload_2016-9-26_15-49-23.png

upload_2016-9-26_15-46-56.png

10. Tiptopptrader

Everyone is cordially invited to join my new group. I am still learning the features available and when all is said and done it should benefit all that want to make money on the market. Besides my own picks you are encouraged to present stocks of your own whether your long or short on them or undecided on what action to take

Tiptops Top Picks
    http://stockaholics.net/groups/tiptops-top-picks.2/

11. Tiptopptrader

I am waiting on the copy and past function to be fixed in the Groups forum so in the mean time

My top gainer was AMD that got back what it lost yesterday as the bulls and bears are trading punches. At a distant second was MPEL as numbers are getting better in Macau.

upload_2016-9-27_17-6-34.png

12. Tiptopptrader

It was a decent market until Yellen spoke. With that she took the wind out of the sails on a number of my stocks. Previosly UBS did a down grade on T that reversed the uptrend. AMD is treading water from being up slightly. Best mover today is MGM that set a new 52 week high is off as MPEL is off it's highs but up slightly. Market coming back a little bit

upload_2016-9-28_8-22-52.png

13. Tiptopptrader

I am test running this from the group to see what happens. It says swing trades above only because that can not be changed. From this I can copy and paste but not for a simple post that is not in a thread (if that makes sense)

Nice to see a down market turn into a rally. My only sore spot was the downgrade to T by UBS. MGM set another new 52 week high as UVE came alive today.

upload_2016-9-28_16-58-41.png

14. Tiptopptrader

What a day with the markets going from a little red to a meltdown, AMD was ready to run and still picked up some ground against market pressure. It appears that T has already bottomed from the downgrade yesterday.

upload_2016-9-29_19-39-31.png

15. Tiptopptrader

And run it did and expecting AMD to go higher. There were good numbers out of Macau this morning that should give a boost to MPEL, and MGM as as well as WYNN and LVS. Another that responded well was BAC that led the big banks. .

upload_2016-10-1_9-52-45.png

16. Z0da

Z0da Member

Are hurricanes the reason for UVE being down this week?

17. Tiptopptrader

That's a good question. I can not find any news and there is a good chance you are right on the hurricanes. I stopped out on 1/2 of my position for some profit. It's a hard call when there is no news.

18. Tiptopptrader

Markets have worsened since my last post. AMD down 4 cents as MPEL is flat, and BAC, VLY and S are green. T and UVE taking a hit.

19. Tiptopptrader

With the rally today, MPEL, BAC, MGM, and VLY are my leading gainers with MGM setting a new 52 week high. AMD is trading flat and T and S are down as the telecom sector is not in favor again today I sold MPEL earlier in the year at 17 as it is now nearing that mark again. If Macau keeps improving, my profit target may be 20ish

20. Tiptopptrader

It has been a long time since F lead my portfolio but it did that today, followed by BAC and MGM that got a $32 Price Target from Nomura. T and S dropped as the Telecom sector is still out of favor. AMD took a hit today as what looked like short selling that could have forced some profit taking.

As I said in the UVE thread "Today I sold by the rest of my position on the bounce back. I still like the company but I did not want to see my profits fall off a cliff. I may re-enter when the time is right." Even with the recent drop I did very well on UVE being in from the low 16's, and took some profits the day before Brexit and then re-bought lower. If I knew for sure what it fell on I might not have sold my long position but I did not want to chance losing my profits on the unknown.