TipTops - Top Picks

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Big market meltdown this morning. With that MGM, S, and MBT showing strength.

upload_2016-10-11_8-18-31.png

2. Tiptopptrader

Geez I take off for a few hours and the whole market falls apart. I hope every one made some good buys. I did have the only two telecom stocks in the sector that were green today but everything else was in the red.

upload_2016-10-11_15-0-41.png

Attached Files:

3. Tiptopptrader

I don't always post Cramer's picks but he is right on the money here.

Cramer Remix: The video game space is on fire. Here's how to play it
    Right now there is practically no other theme hotter than video games, Jim Cramer says.

Restaurants and retailers have all reported that it has become very hard to entice consumers into their locations. This is just further evidence that people just want to stay home, watch TV, use social media and play games these days.
    "The video game space is on fire and you've got a ton of ways to play it," the "Mad Money" host said.

For those who think games are only for kids, the numbers prove otherwise. Industry-trade group Entertainment Software Association reported that 63 percent of all U.S. households have at least one person who plays video games regularly, with the average gamer 35-years-old.

Additionally, consumers spent $23.5 billion on gaming hardware, software and accessories last year. The biggest problem in the video game space is that there are so many options to invest in, Cramer said.

Cramer's top picks were NVIDIA or Advanced Micro Devices for components, and Electronic Arts, Activision Blizzard or Take-Two Interactive for games, depending on an investor's risk profile.

"The key takeaway … this is not a niche business, it is a mass entertainment business and it's growing — not shrinking — despite what older people might think," Cramer said.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/17/cram...nance|headline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=1

4. Tiptopptrader

As Markets are mixed, AMD has been flying since last Friday sell off. MPEL keeps inching up as earnings near and S getting beat up on earnings.

5. Tiptopptrader

Looks like a shopping day with the markets taking a dive. VLY had a good ER and down 3 cents. MPEL up on a good ER from Galaxy in Macau. Might be a good time for some AMD calls as it is down some from it's 2 day run.

6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I've got some cash freeing up from my one-week trade in F that I sold right before the divi. It was a one-week trade that I was selling Monday before the dividend no matter what happened. Made a little over 2%. Maybe I'll add on to AMD for a short-term ride back up to $7.75 or so.

7. Tiptopptrader

With a weak market today S is off it's lows and has turned green a couple times now down a few cents. It might be setting up to turn back up with some market assist. BAC broke the $17 level and has been consolidating between 17.02 and 17.07 with a stronger possibility of a rate hike. Dropping a few cents from that as I type as the market has worsened.

8. Tiptopptrader

And turn back up it does

upload_2016-10-28_7-42-41.png

9. Tiptopptrader

Now's the time to see what holding decent as the markets have fallen. On my list is AMD, S, and MGM fair

upload_2016-10-28_10-45-59.png

10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Good list there

11. Tiptopptrader

The Sell in May and Go Away cycle is almost over come Halloween. Will we see a surge in November?
    Stay tuned. . .

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Does that cycle hold true during election years?

13. Tiptopptrader

Good question Chris and I think it boils down to what candidate will be good or bad for the market. I don't think the FBI probe into Clinton helps matters as well.

14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

The best thing that can happen to the US is them finding Clinton guilty ASAP so the democrats can run LITERALLY ANYONE so that they can get 90% of the popular vote come November 8th. Then there will be a sane human as president which should keep the market about where it's at now.

15. Tiptopptrader

The broader markets have reversed from green to red. With that AMD is still up but off the highs as MBT up just under 5% on share buyback.

16. Tiptopptrader

Here we go again, markets turning red after a decent opening but not slowing down MPEL and MGM as it looks like a recovery in Macau gaming

upload_2016-11-1_6-54-28.png

17. Tiptopptrader

Brutal market today but there was a bright spot which today was my gaming stocks. MGM closed off it's highs in the green but I it expect to climb higher. MPEL was the main highlight today on Macau numbers for October and led the gaming sector like a runaway horse.

Year to Date high for MPEL
    upload_2016-11-1_18-12-2.png

18. Tiptopptrader

Nice big rally today and all was green except MPEL that lost 22 cents after being up decent (not sure why). AMD was my biggest gainer today at up 6.10% as MGM blew away earnings on Vegas strength. It soared more than 6% to settle in for a 2.92% gain on 4X the average volume. BAC and VLY closed back near their highs prior to the 8 day market drought.

19. Tiptopptrader

Half way decent follow up rally on pre-election. MGM is still running on ER and the price target increases from the analysts. Still plenty of upside in the near term as another 52 Week high was set. I think MPEL was down yesterday on the COO leaving the company.The market does not like uncertainty and MPEL gained back some some of yesterday's loss,

TipTops Gaming ETF

upload_2016-11-8_16-22-17.png

20. Tiptopptrader

As Trump is the Pres elect and markets are currently up it still brings buying ops. I am looking at my old Brazil Plays that are dropping. I have a low ball bid in on CX (cement company) that is down 9%. BAC and VLY up strong as S has soared this morning. Semiconductor are down during market rally which has dragged AMD down slightly. NVDA reports tomorrow that could change the complexion of the Semiconductors