TipTops - Top Picks

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Not a bad day in the neighbor hood considering futures last night, I missed CX today and hoping I can get it in next pullback if the sentiment is still weak, Hopefully NVDA will beat tomorrow and pull up AMD and the sector

upload_2016-11-9_16-17-27.png

2. Tiptopptrader

BAC and VLY are still running as F has picked up speed. Shorts all over AMD on insider selling. I am still waiting for the CX entry price. I am also looking at my old Brazilian plays...BBD, ELP, CIG, and SID.

Quite a volatile market we have today

3. Tiptopptrader

With a weak market it was a good day in the neighborhood as the good outweighed the bad. My financials have been soaring. with BAC breaking 20 as VLY had already broke 11 to add to that even with a downgrade. I sold 1/4 of my position in S for 250% gain and started a small position in CX.

4. Tiptopptrader

BAC and VLY taking a little hit from being overbought and analyst downgrades but holding decent considering the run. CX making a 3% move up as S continues the climb and sets a new 52 Week high @7.71. AMD broke 7 this morning but pulling back some now with the market.

5. Tiptopptrader

With Yellen being more positive on rate hikes, BAC and VLY pushing the shorts back. MPEL and MGM up on Macau govt to push for mass play as MPEL is on fire. AMD still running on Google deal.

6. Tiptopptrader

Another good day in the neighborhood today as AMD soared as high as 14% to set a new 4 1/2 year high to close up 10.30% @8.46. I took profits again for two days in a row I brought AMD to the board when it was in the mid-two's for a climb of over 300%

MPEL popped above 9% to set a new 52 week high to close up 4.81% @18.29. CX closed a cent off the HOD for a 4.02% gain to close at 8.02. BAC and VLY were up but have slowed some as they are very overbought. Over all this was one my best days this year.

I started a small position off the bottom in ELP ($8.04) a Brazilian play. This is a high risk stock right now because of the proposed Trump trading policies. So if you enter do it carefully.

7. Tiptopptrader

Nice start to a new week. MGM and MPEL both set new 52 week highs. AMD is still soaring on Google deal and I have taken profits now 4 days in a row now. ELP making another big jump today as CX goes higher.

8. Tiptopptrader

Nothing special this morning as AMD is pulling back as expected. MPEL and MGM giving back some of yesterdays gain. The majority of my stocks are overbought so they have slowed some heading north and few in profit taking mode. Looks like a good day to take a early lunch

9. Tiptopptrader

Markets have been turning up as Nasdaq is less bad moving near the close. BAC set an new 8 year high. It appears that one day AMD pull back is over as it is up slightly with the semi's down and NVDA weak but up slightly today.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!

10. Tiptopptrader

For a a short trading day not too bad. BAC sets another 8 year high and VLY sets a new 52 week high as well as S. From AMD's big run the pull back has been small. After a little consolidation there is strong chance it will power higher. Currently 8.77 and I have a 10.25 price target on it from the short to mid-term.

11. Tiptopptrader

Interesting day as the broader markets are off their lows and could go green. BAC and VLY giving back this morning from their overbought levels as AMD is still climbing. Gaming was up on the Hong Kong exchange last night on some upgrades with MGM China leading the charge. Macau numbers should be out on the morning of the Dec 1 for the month of November. T continues to climb on their new DirecTV Now

12. Tiptopptrader

Nice that the markets went from red to green as AMD is up over 3% to break 9 as S sets a new 52 week high. BAC and VLY are back to business as usual and up with financials.

Gotta run for now

13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Catch you later Tiptop!

14. Tiptopptrader

Nice pop on oil. My financial ETF of BAC and VLY as they are bringing in the bacon with BAC currently up over 3 1/2%. Macau numbers should be out in the morning that could give MGM and MPEL a pop as MPEL is up over 2 1/2% currently. AMD continues up but slowed by the Nadaq as techs drag it down. MBT up almost 6%.

My portfolio keeps setting new ATH's :)

15. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

BAC has been doing nicely as of late

16. Tiptopptrader

Yes BAC has been on a terror run leading the financial sector. If the FED raises rates on a consistent basis as expected BAC should rise higher accordingly and in the long term could return to the 50's it used to trade in. I sold my C shares some time ago and put that money into BAC in a big multi-tier trade and bought some calls as well.

6 Month Chart
    upload_2016-12-3_9-25-26.png

17. Tiptopptrader

Unexpected market rally today. BAC up nicely as VLY sets another new 52 week high. CX up just under 3% as MBT adds to its run at over 3% and very overbought. F is cruising along at +2%. Only one down is MGM giving back slightly.

18. Tiptopptrader

Another good day as the Trump rally continues. AMD had a big run as BAC, VLY and MGM both set new 52 week highs.The only loser was MBT that pulled back from a big run. I have given my thoughts on some of the said stocks in their own threads.

upload_2016-12-6_17-58-25.png

19. Tiptopptrader

Another unexpected market rally today. AMD came out the gate a little to strong this morning and profit taking took it negative but now back up. I think a little consolidation before testing the $10 water. MBT back up over 4 % after yesterdays profit taking. S is soaring up over 7 1/% on probable take over of TMUS as T is back in favor up over 2 1/2 %.. MGM set another 52 week high. BAC pulled back slightly but now up a few cents as VLY is. F is now above the upper BB again. CX continues to climb as ELP joined the party today.

20. Tiptopptrader

All green today with the rally. BAC, VLY, MGM and S all setting new 52 week highs. MBT now is striking distance of my $9 calls. More info in some of the the threads.

upload_2016-12-7_13-55-27.png