TipTops - Top Picks

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Yes WYNN has fell out of favor and dropped over 5% earlier today as it broke below $90

By the way your screen name sounds real familiar. Back in 09 on HSM I was playing BAC and I remember I sold for $11 and was happy with that trade. Were you on that thread with me?

2. Tiptopptrader

If you followed my suggestions above ( a few typo's) to buy into the percentage drops and use your bigger funds for the latter trades, you either sold for a profit or are still holding with a profitable position. You now have a leg in the door. AMD dropped 22% to 3.31 to close @3.45 and down .54 for a 13.53% drop

If you are a guest and just lurking I urge you sign up and post your thoughts.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Are you still confident in that statement? If it opens at the same price it closed at today, I'm thinking I'll probably jump in.

4. Tiptopptrader

Regarding my statement I was just saying that anyone followed my suggestions this morning, made money today. As far as buying in tomorrow keep a eye on pre-market as it has decided the direction of late but beware of the head fake. Also take in consideration of the futures.

In AH tonight a AMD was down .01 but with some bigger trades going at the ask, so that is slightly positive.I like the looks of the chart from the tightening of the bollinger bands to the breakout Then you have today's drop on a lower percentage and lower volume and now below the upper BB. AMD could be setting up for the next leg up but I can not say with certainty if that will be tomorrow. Let's see what the playing field looks like in the morning.

upload_2016-4-25_18-39-6.png

5. Ciao (Sheppy)

Ciao (Sheppy) Well-Known Member

TT I like that strategy bravo [​IMG] as you know I am a more a in-out type of trader but I am always interested in other personal strategy....
    IMO one always learn something that could improve his own....
    (I am trying in virtual to master it ;) patience is not one of my virtue :()

6. Tiptopptrader

Yes we have different styles Ciao but the end results it what matters the most and you are right we can learn from each other.

Yesterday the shorts had their day with AMD. Now comes the short squeeze

upload_2016-4-26_6-58-44.png

7. Tiptopptrader

I hope you bought in this morning Chris, AMD on fire with very strong volume

upload_2016-4-26_8-16-12.png

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately I did not. I was waiting for a pullback of a little more after the open and it never happened. I got greedy.

9. Tiptopptrader

That too bad Chris, that 2nd leg I taIked about happened today. I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink. Your day will come just hang there.

AMD - Today's trading, target price and my thoughts
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/amd-advanced-micro-devices-inc.39/#post-4243

10. leonx81

leonx81 Well-Known Member

Bought some $3.50 May 20 calls yesterday after the pullback, will hold for profits.

Thanks for the good advice TT.

11. youngbull

youngbull Member

bought mines a little too high few days ago. only gained 1.28% :(

12. Tiptopptrader

eonx81, I might put in for some May calls in my self for AMD. The ones I I have are the 5.50 and 7's for Jan 2017

youngbull, you might get a chance to for a better buy today now that AMD's trading has more normalized. Looking at futures, tech's, and premarket it may gap down some.

13. youngbull

youngbull Member

damn i wanted to save some funds for acad. maybe i should sell amd and rebuy it

14. Tiptopptrader

Best to sell into a rally and then re-buy on the pull back. I think you would do better holding and wait for the next run-up

15. Tiptopptrader

I bought the AMD MAY 20, 2016 4.00 CALL's this morning on the dip for 12 cents

16. Tiptopptrader

Good day in the neighborhood with the exception of VLY (stop in place) that got hammered on a 1 cent miss. AMD as I said earlier is more normalized in the trading but the volume is still strong closing up .07 @3.73 just as the resistance was weakening. The AMD $4 MAY 20th Calls I bought this morning are up a couple cents as well as the 5.50 and 7 JAN 2017 Calls

SID, BBD, and MGM, my swing trades were up today, even though I might keep part position on MGM for the long term (nibbled another buy on the dip this morning).

AMD
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/amd-advanced-micro-devices-inc.39/#post-4439

T my best trade from AH yesterday
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/t-at-t-inc.74/#post-4444

SID highest percentage gain today
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/sid-companhia-siderurgica-nacional-adr.421/#post-4449

BBD
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/bbd-banco-bradesco-s-a.135/#post-4450

17. FastEddy

FastEddy Member

Hey Tip you have been a busy guy and many thanks for all these winners. I am still holding BBD and I bought AMD after reading your post on how to buy in the percentages. I'm ready to rock and roll now.

If you need any help getting to the bank let me know :D

18. youngbull

youngbull Member

2% gain today for me with amd. Wish I caught the 50% last week! Thanks tip!

19. Tiptopptrader

With the futures down big it is time to go shopping. I wanted more shares of BBD and this may be the day as they missed on their earnings. Because of the wild swings BBD can make I put a bid in for a 14% drop and if that fills I will drop below the lower BB with a bigger buy.

I was going to go after SID but is up in pre-market and the trend apppears to continue. AMD is holding in pre-market on low volume

BBD
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/bbd-banco-bradesco-s-a.135/

20. Tiptopptrader

It was a brutal day in the neighborhood but F kept my portfolio value in tact as it was up on earnings with a great forecast. AMD was up most of day until the market turned ugly but that can be good for the uptrend moving forward. UVE, IRT, and MPEL were up as well. SID was up 5%+ early on but closed at no change. As I am leveraged pretty low on SID I bought the close to add to my position. I did the same with BBD. Everything else was down.

With that I made another buy on MGM but I may refrain from more buys until after earnings on May 5th.

I will be here in the morning but will be leaving shortly after open

F http://stockaholics.net/threads/f-ford-motor-company.16/#post-4584

UVE http://stockaholics.net/threads/uve-universal-insurance-holdings-inc.599/#post-4673

BBD - didn't fall as much as I thought it would. http://stockaholics.net/threads/bbd-banco-bradesco-s-a.135/#post-4565