TipTops - Top Picks

Discussion in 'Trade Journals' started by Tiptopptrader, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Well the bears have been on top of their game this week but today was not as brutal as some stocks are holding support. The only thing green in my portfolio today was WPX and S. Sometimes it is better to be lucky thank good. As I was saying yesterday I missed my fill on CIG, but I got a much better price today. I still have yet to make a big tier buy on any of the Brazilian plays. WPX is one of my heavier swing trades but the negative markets have kept me from my exit price. IRT and UVE weathered the storm and were even up at times today. The only other purchase I made today was the $4 June 17th calls on AMD. Congrats to leonx81 for selling his $3.50 calls yesterday on AMD. Like being in the desert needing water we are in need of a rally.

As a gamble I bought some $6.00 August calls on S earlier in the week. Something going on, with it up in a week like this. If not I will be looking for some profits near $3.90

Sprint
    upload_2016-5-19_14-40-46.png

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

What a great time to be holding calls!

3. Tiptopptrader

Looking at pre-market the Brazil plays look like they are ready to turn up. AMD is up 5 cents on more than average pre-market volume.

4. Tiptopptrader

I didn't think much of the rally today even at it's highs. I expected much bigger bounces across the board. 3 of the 4 Brazilian plays were up but nothing to write home about and the best was CIG up 4.11% @1.52 with SID no change. I also decided to re-balance my portfolio a tad. With I took the rest of the my profits on IRT and closed the position. There is nothing wrong with IRT but it showed weakness and had less potential that the rest of my portfolio so it got the boot. Just doing a little preparation in case the market heads south.

The pennant still looks bullish for AMD... up .10 @3.87. Unless there is a leak prior I expect something to happen on the release of Polaris as there will a Press Conference and webcast and June 1. The last time the Ceo, Lisa Su spoke the share price went up, let's see if she still can drive the price up..

upload_2016-5-20_15-0-0.png

Have a great week-end everyone

5. Tiptopptrader

The Brazilian Real is down again and it I think it more due to government issues with the impeachment of the President. I may wait on more Brazilian buys until I see some stabilization. If you do buy again ease into it. Financials look decent even with futures down. AMD unchanged in pre-market but did have a 3.90 high but volume is too low for an indicator

6. Tiptopptrader

As the markets are iffy right now, I see added strength in AMD. Currently trading near the HOD on heavy volume

upload_2016-5-23_8-42-19.png

7. FastEddy

FastEddy Member

Were in the money now. I am loaded with AMD thanks to you Tip :D

8. Tiptopptrader

You betcha FastEddy. I am glad some one besides me is reaping the profits. AMD has a short squeeze going on and that is without news...Can you imagine
    I can lead the horses to water but I can't make them drink

upload_2016-5-23_11-29-4.png

Attached Files:

9. DutchLung

DutchLung Member

Congrats, TTT. I always feel like Im a day late on your moves and afraid to chase. I'll be keeping my eyes on you like a hawk to find my next horse to ride.

10. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Closed above $4 which was more important than holding the move up to $4.10-$4.20 in my opinion. How high do you see this going @Tiptopptrader? Curious how long you're going to be holding it or if you're planning on locking up profits soon.

11. Tiptopptrader

As I gave the 1st target price at $4 on AMD, I took profits once it started pulling back from the highs today. The next profits will be when it breaks 4.50 and if it is pushing hard, profits could be at a higher level like today. If it goes as I hope my $4 June calls should reap some nice rewards as well.

I really haven't plotted exactly how high it will go as more info is needed but to give it a ball park, the long term could go to $8 with a triple top waiting at $10. When I bought the 5.50 and 7 Jan calls I was thinking ahead of the curve then and I up pretty good on those as well. But this is putting the cart ahead of the horse. Between June 1 and the next earnings may give a better understanding of how strong of a direction that AMD is headed.

12. Tiptopptrader

It appears that the Brazilian plays are ready to bolt out the gate and it also looks like a continuance of the AMD run from yesterday.

13. Tiptopptrader

For those that took my suggestion on the AMD thread to buy some calls when it was down this morning, you should be up on those. AMD t is currently under accumulation @4.05 and up a penny from the low of 3.92

I have to leave in a short awhile and will have to monitor from my cell

Whoops it moved up to 4.08 while I was typing :)

14. Tiptopptrader

I can lead a horse to water but I can't make him drink...I think the shorts mis-took profit taking for a sell off as they walked into a Bull Trap on AMD this morning

upload_2016-5-24_11-45-8.png

15. Tiptopptrader

16. Tiptopptrader

This may help the Brazil plays as 3 of 4 are up with the markets down.
    EMERGING MARKETS-Brazil stocks up after lawmakers OK budget deficit
    http://www.reuters.com/article/latam-emergingmarkets-idUSL2N18M1WP

AMD is still overbought but making a small climb this morning. After yesterdays drop UVE making a nice rebound...Back to trading

17. Tiptopptrader

Has anyone been buying the calls I suggested on the dip yesterday? I have been made numerous suggestions on the calls the last few weeks when the price was considerably lower. As the June calls are starting to get a little pricey you might be able to pick up the Jan 17th, $7 calls for 17/18 cents or so. The $5.50's would be a good bet as well for Jan 17

I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink

upload_2016-5-26_11-16-50.png

18. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Anyone who has been tailing @Tiptopptrader since Stockaholics inception has made a lot of money. Guy has been spot on in many of his predictions, especially AMD which he called before the gap up from $2.80ish a month ago.

19. OldFart

OldFart Well-Known Member

hopefully, everything went ok at the ER

20. Tiptopptrader

It went ok and thanks for asking...sort of a on going thing
    Thanks for the Kudos! I have done pretty good this year. I was in the high 90's with my picks but the Brazil plays recently went sour on me but they may be making the turn, looking at today's market. In retrospect anyone that was making Brazil plays early on with me, made good profit with the likes of BBD and ELP that compensate for the current trades.

AMD with today's action a little bit about calls
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/amd-advanced-micro-devices-inc.39/#post-8856

UVE with two posts and chart with a near term target
    http://stockaholics.net/threads/uve-universal-insurance-holdings-inc.599/#post-8786