TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Buy them dips and money kisses your lips.

Kneel before the Mighty Elon peasants. :lauging:

TomB16 likes this.
  2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure 2023 is going to be all that great for Tesla. It looks like a price war is around the corner. That will be fatal to other marques but won't help Tesla, short term, either.

On the other hand, it looks like fsd will be released for highway only, over the course of the next few weeks. It is in beta, right now.

#3302 TomB16, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    Spud likes this.
  3. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Staying union free will always be a advantage from a investors standpoint. Obviously Elon will always be ahead of the game.
    Short term buying the dips is not a bad idea unless Cathie Wood buys more. The ARK has lost the spark.

4. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

This is like a lot of us predicted a year or two ago on this board, as Elon started going off the rails on Twitter and in the media. His erratic behavior and (recently only) poor business decisions are a liability.

5. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Who cares other than the ones that don't matter. Lower PPS for me is all I care about.

6. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Hoping it will erratic down to 150s so I can load up. :rofl:.

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

At this rate he will be encouraged to leave the board of TSLA so he can go and really own the libs as his full time job.
    :rolleyes2:

8. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

But yeah, nothing here is a surprise, we did indeed predict this, just like the dismal sales Tesla is going to see in the coming years.

I get it, when a big important figure is sticking it to the other team, making them upset, its wonderful.

Late night comedians are doing it every evening to the GOP. The difference being is that nothing in my portfolio is affected why what Trevor Noah said last night.

In Elon's case, the moron goes and rants and raves, telling his millions of twitter followers to vote Republican, which he is free to do, but at what cost?

When there are five, six or seven different EV's available to new, young car buyers, who mostly lean left, will their decisions include what the forward facing CEO of the company spewed on twitter the previous day? I think so.

He is screwing the image of Tesla here, I will bet you $1000 that the board has already had a meeting on this and are trying to figure out how to remove him from the big chair because he is not helping their image.

I have no idea what the political opinions are of the CEO of Ford, or GM, or BMW. There is a reason for this, its to keep their brands apolitical which is better for sales.

removedatuserrequest and TomB16 like this.
  10. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Maybe you and Einhorn can drop it in the 150s. I can hardly wait.

It's real easy to pound your chest with the " I called it, I called it mentality. Truth be known basically everything has took a haircut this year. One advantage with Tesla is keeping the unions out of the way, they tend to bleed companies dry.The others have beenforced to aquire mountains of debt. Tesla has always known they would have competition and welcome it .Research is your friend.

Consider it a well planned chess move.

TomB16 likes this.
  11. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Well-Known Member

I don't think Elon is playing 4D chess with his latest antics. He just has his head so far up his ass he can see his heart beating.
    T0rm3nted and StockJock-e are just pointing out the obvious: He is becoming a liability.

12. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

The board typically follows along with his decisions. It is foolish to think they would want him to relinquish. Tesla would crash without him. I've heard this same song and dance for years, it's ridiculously funny. Keep the union out and all is well. They have a way of bleeding a company dry. Most fail to realize.

TomB16 likes this.
  13. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Teslas are already crashing while trying to drive themselves :rofl: Sorry couldn't help myself. Besides the big 3, every company is keeping the union out, so it's not exactly something he's doing better than the rest of the field on. There's Toyotas, Hyundais, Volkswagens, and now smaller companies like Rivian who are also keeping the Unions out. It's hard to get organizing driving in today's culture, though more success is being had recently so we'll see if it expands to the auto industry again.

I think the point we - or at least I - was trying to make though is that Elon is jumping in on the culture wars, saying stuff that makes people angry, leveraging his other companies in his new adventure that he tried to get out of and couldn't, etc. He's no longer "committed" like he was before because he's spreading himself thinner and not focused on his original baby anymore. We can argue until we're blue in the face about whether Twitter is good/bad for the world, so maybe he's doing us all a favor by killing it. He's become a liability though for Tesla.

14. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

So much for that idea. The buy the dippers are keeping my 150s from happening. Liability seems to be opportunity.

15. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

His accomplishments and being a front runner in the EV space is something we can all respect. I remember posting here how cool it was to see more than one Telsa per day. I started seeing 2,3,5 then 10 any time I was in traffic. This coincided with the massive rally in the stock.

But the issue comes down to basic math. At one point TSLA was worth more than all the other car manufacturers combined. I feel that the inflated market cap was deserved because of the first mover advantage, but as I see more and more VW, KIA, BMW, Ford and other EVs on the streets, there is greater likelihood that TSLA starts feeling increasing pressure on sales in the coming quarters.

There will still be some good rallies, but I think the highs are in for now.

Attached Files:

removedatuserrequest likes this.
  16. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Help drop it to the 150s.
    Most fail to realize Tesla is more of a conglomerate playing whack the mole with the automakers. Giving them just enough rope to hang themselves. Competition was always part of the plan by forcing them to aquire mountains of debt to play catch up for kicks and giggles.

TomB16 likes this.
  17. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Spud, did you used to post as Rustic?

18. removedatuserrequest

removedatuserrequest Well-Known Member

^ this

well @Rustic1 was his first one, then more recently @Sundance and now he's back as @Spud fwiw.

19. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Well-Known Member

I knew I recognized that smug irreverence from somewhere.

20. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

"USMC. fcd" can appreciate the fan boys. 150s looking better than I felt today, mushrooms on a windy day is the way.