TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

It appears Tesla is nothing more than a overpriced Chinese car company that is run by a unfit eccentric CEO that should be deported. :lauging:

Deal me in boys. :cool2:

2. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

:popcorn: :D Dammit man.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Here we are at $200, this was the resistance in Nov.

FOMO buyers should be jumping in here, but this is a nice and clean 100% gain from the lows which should bring in profit takers.

emmett kelly likes this.
  4. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

crazy, i'm up 43%, not to mention the call options i've played. what to do, what to do.

5. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

The production rate at Giga Shanghai appears to be up over 10% after the overhaul at New Year. This is based on counting the stream of cars exiting the Y assembly building over a period of 15m. It's the highest I've seen, by a bit.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Lock in some, ride the rest!

emmett kelly likes this.
  7. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

It's all about laying the rope on the ground. :lauging:

8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm reflecting on media bias after reading the Driven article regarding Tesla's battery production cost coup. It seems impossible to report rationally about Tesla. They are either leading the world in awesome or about to go bankrupt, varying with solar flare activity.

It's hardly surprising a company that has it's own automation division and battery technology can build a factory with a lot of planned production for a low price. Tesla is in an amazing strategic position but they require yield gains to realize the benefit of that position.

I'm quite confident Tesla will get there, over time.

The 4680 platform does appear to be the best cost strategy with structural packs being an additional step forward. Going tabless was the breakthrough that allows them to wrap spiral cathodes at light speed without having to periodically stop to weld on tabs. Watching a cathode grow to 8cm diameter in roughly a second is astonishing.

Gross speculation seems to be my thing lately so I will speculate it could take them most of the rest of 2023 to get their yield in the range they are targeting. I base that speculation entirely on their struggle to get to the current yield level and projecting linear using that trend. There will always be opportunity to improve yield but incremental yield improvements will be a massive step forward when yields are low while yield improvements will become less significant as they get closer to 100% (it is a non-linear effort/benefit ratio as yields increase).

#3568 TomB16, Feb 3, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    T0rm3nted likes this.
  9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who looks at a picture of the Cybertruck alpha unit and thinks they should not have allowed the unit out of the design shop with that level of fit and finish, never mind use it to promote the platform?

The idea of unpainted panels is a winner, though. It's like unbleached cardboard. It will look ugly for 10 minutes until you realize bleaching was never necessary and is completely wasteful.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-alpha-prototype-bed-dimensions-capacity-teaser/&psig=AOvVaw17eO8EAsgVDDi0IP4I47B1&ust=1675533458322000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBEQjRxqFwoTCPCzt6H5-fwCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

10. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Aquittal secured.

11. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

S.E.C. Middle acronym ELON's :D
    u. o
    ? ?
    ? ?

Glad I got back in when I did, already in the comfort zone. Apple is doing very well, hopefully Papa Elon will follow.

The 7,500 credit was the icing on the cake.

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Nice chart comparing profit margins

upload_2023-2-4_17-19-12.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  13. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Construction is near peak intensity at Giga Berlin. Lots of new covered space is taking shape. The cell plant is still not fully finished. I suspect they are producing cells in the building but it's surprising to see work continuing on this structure. Initial bragging about superiority to Chinese construction seems to be entirely misplaced. From what I can tell, the Gruenheide project is slowest of the three. To be fair, they also have the least accommodating weather.

Work on the cathode plant at Giga Texas continues. This project started just a few months ago. It is not weather tight and won't be in the near future. I know progress is happening quickly but I'm used to Tesla operating at the speed of a video game.

Meanwhile in Shanghai, there is a bunch of construction across Zhengjia Road from utility unit 1. I did not think Tesla owned this land but seeing so much new construction makes me think they might. I will see what I can figure out on this front.

If the new construction in Shanghai is Tesla, it will be a bit surprising as they have a close allegiance with CATL who are building a huge factory just down the road. These new buildings will be finished long before the CATL plant, from what I can tell. Interesting times.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  14. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Have you thought about a retirement career in private investigation?

roadtonowhere08 likes this.
  15. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Back in the saddle for now. The 420 case is history, our Boy has had a Whitehouse meeting and now qualifies for the 7,500 credit, Tweetergate is cooling off and he took one for the team by kissing and making up with AOC. :lauging: To da moon. until we crash again.

16. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I hadn't but if my wife ever seems particularly happy for more than a day or two, I will definitely pursue it.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  17. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Papa Elon is strolling right along, until he pisses off someone else.

18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Joe n Elon are buddies again, finally broke 200 and held. Puts me just shy of a 20% gain, that's a major relief.

19. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

20. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Good for electric car makers, bad for phone companies who want you to buy a new one every 2 years when your phone stops holding day one charge.

TomB16 likes this.