TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Well-Known Member

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to why?...

2. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

engineers like to surf.

roadtonowhere08, TomB16 and Smokie like this.
  3. Smokie

Smokie Well-Known Member

When I first seen the story, I thought maybe because of the Twitter being out there and the ease of going back and forth between the two. TSLA has quite a bit of operations there too though.

Then when you think of the reasons some of it left for TX the first time...he complained of an "unfriendly state for business." Somehow, I don't see CA changing much since the last time if that was the reason. Although, CA definitely wants to be at the forefront of the all "green energy" movement. That was not a friendly exit last time.

And when you see the two (CA Gov and Musk) at the press conference...you realize these guys talk out of both sides of their mouth so to speak. I cant help it....but it just appeared two "shysters" met up and each one thinks they have gotten one over on the other.

#3603 Smokie, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    roadtonowhere08 likes this.
  4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Engineers that he needs already live in CA and are not too excited about Texas?

California has more incentives for green initiatives that Texas?

Crying about wokeness may buy you internet points, but those do not translate well into profits or company efficiency?

Newsom offered some sweet incentives that Texas could not?

5. roadtonowhere08

Pretty much my thoughts. Keep the damn politics out of the business decisions.

Smokie likes this.
  6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

With credit to Mr. Miserable on TMC, this link shows a map with ships likely (1) and certainly (9) carrying Teslas to market.

While it is mostly self explanatory, there are a couple of odd flows such as Giga Berlin to Taiwan.

https://tesla-updates.github.io/

7. Smokie

Smokie Well-Known Member

Why do I wonder if the "balloon incident" a week or so ago was really owned by TB16??:suspicious:

T0rm3nted likes this.
  8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

That's where the engineers are. I think everyone has a design studio there.

Elon is trying to move to Austin but it takes time. He is working with the UofT to start programs in the disciplines he needs but many programs take 4 years and they usually don't attract a lot of students the first few years. It's a very long term vision. I suspect, one day, Tesla will have a design studio in Texas.

9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

The reason I can only follow a few companies as close as I like is because it takes a lot of time and mindshare. When people tell me they hold 45 stocks, I know they don't do research like I do. That would take a team.

I find the media streams are an echo chamber. Someone will publish misinformation and the rest of the outlets will echo it. It is easily manipulated.

The end of year demand problem is a classic example. Demand for the 3 was off but Y sales were up and it was hardly a major problem. The redesign will reboot 3 sales.

Something that isn't clear to me is how they will ramp the redesigned car. Tesla hasn't done this before. They have done major changes to the S and X but not really a redesign. How long will it take to restore 3 production to previous levels?

They are making some good decisions. Removing wood from the interior is a particularly good one. I suspect they are pushing for something in the range of 10% time/cost reduction. It will probably get a 4680 structural pack so cell availability could well limit 3 sales for quite some time. Apparently, they have had some major steps forward in cell yield but now they have shortages of minerals to make anodes and electrodes. Expect a mining and refining announcement from Tesla soon. They will buy into those industries in a big way, not just small players.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  10. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

By the way, Tesla Investor day is next week. March 1.

Zachary Kirkhorn mentioned they have prioritized the next generation platform during the 22Q4 EC. Everyone seems to assume he is talking about the model 2 but he could be talking about the model 3/Y redesign.

In the interest of wild predictions that I never seem to get right, I think it is possible Tesla will announce a mining and/or refining acquisition on Investor Day. They need this and it would be an ideal time to announce this news.

T0rm3nted and StockJock-e like this.
  11. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I wish I could float a spy balloon over Corpus Christi, TX to see if I can spot construction of the Tesla Lithium Refinery. It doesn't matter, particularly. I'd just like to watch the plant take shape.

I suspect we will get enough information on Investor Day to start following this build.

#3611 TomB16, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  12. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

The new CATL plant build is clearly moving much faster, in the last 10 days. They probably dont want Tesla to come online with their new battery manufacturing before them, since Tesla started 6 months after they started their build. It would be an embarrassment.

To be fair, the build did seem to be going slowly before. People talked about how fast it is but they have been working on it for more than a year and it's a fair way from being water tight.

I expect Tesla needs the CATL plant and also their new capacity to provide cells for the new expansion that will take them to 2M units of annual production, particularly since the new plant will undoubtedly produce an affordable, small electric hatch which will become their most popular vehicle.

13. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

If I had to go all in on 1 stock and not be able to sell or monitor it for 5 years Tesla would be the one.

$ 196.88. 1/24/2023 Closing price.

Bring it on haters. :lauging:

TomB16 likes this.
  14. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

CNBC - Published Wed, Oct 27 2021 9:22 AM EDTUpdated Wed, Oct 27 2021 12:12 PM EDT

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/27/gm-...-in-ev-sales-by-2025-says-ceo-mary-barra.html

She doubled down on the claim GM would outsell Tesla by 2025 in July of 2022.

https://fortune.com/2022/07/20/general-motors-tesla-electric-vehicle-sales/

I will just leave this here for easy quoting 30 months from now.

15. roadtonowhere08

Does GM make anything worth buying? 2008-2009 should have taken care of this waste of a corporation.

16. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

If I had buckets of cash I would buy the Hummer EV, just because.

upload_2023-2-27_10-48-1.png

17. roadtonowhere08

What a waste of lithium :eek:

18. emmett kelly

donde esta la fiesta?

------

Tesla to Build a Manufacturing Plant in Mexico -- WSJ
    9:19 am ET February 28, 2023 (Dow Jones) Print

By Anthony Harrup

Electric car maker Tesla Inc. plans to build a manufacturing plant in the northern Mexican industrial hub of Monterrey, President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said Tuesday.

Mr. López Obrador, who spokes several times in recent days with Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk, said at his morning press conference that details of the investment will be made known Wednesday.

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

February 28, 2023 09:19 ET (14:19 GMT)

Copyright (c) 2023 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

TomB16 likes this.
  19. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I look forward to seeing what a Giga factory looks like when made out of adobe. :D

emmett kelly likes this.
  20. emmett kelly

robots waiting in line at the taco truck in the parking lot.

TomB16 likes this.