TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

$226

This equity acts like it is taking cocaine.

2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

3. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I think the Elon drug problem issue has blown over. Current price $215.

A new building at Giga Texas is being constructed using modular concrete pieces, similar or nearly identical to Giga Berlin. This is interesting, since Giga Texas went up faster than Giga Berlin but the building system was not the problem at Berlin. It would seem they like this building system.

As best I can tell, nobody has been to the Giga Mexico site since they shut down the taco stand and bead art distribution center in 1991. Based on images from two days ago, reports of construction on site are false. Zero activity.

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Had to post this because its just funny!

From a reddit Tesla group, this one has an oil pump failure! [​IMG]

TomB16 likes this.
  5. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Comm failure to the sensor and prophylactic power reduction in case oil not circulating through the gear drive.

6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

There is discussion of massive expansion at Giga Nevada and new 4680 capacity by Panasonic. Drone footage shows extensive ground work taking place but it just looks like parking lot expansion to me.

This could be phase 3 but I've learned to assume no construction is taking place, until it actually does.

7. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I don't understand the cathode problems Tesla is said to have. They've been working on this for three years. Either that work has gone way off track or reports are inaccurate.

There are definite battery scaling problems so this explanation is as plausible as any.

8. Limit2022

Limit2022 New Member

any prediction on TSLA stock price movement after upcoming ER?

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its been selling off pretty hard for the last two weeks, it might just bounce regardless of the numbers.

TomB16 likes this.
  10. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Trade alert. TSLA$ 181

Expect a big upside on Tesla in the next couple of weeks. Fsd.

Limit2022 likes this.
  11. Limit2022

Limit2022 New Member

But I doubt if it ever hits back to $230+ segment this year

TomB16 likes this.
  12. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

You are probably right, limit.

I expect fsd v12 to ring the bell. If the stock tracked reality, it would.

V12 is so good. It is out of beta. It is the world beater that was promised so many years ago.

Limit2022 likes this.
  13. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Here is my problem with Tesla.

I've always known they were more than a car company. They are trying to structure themselves as a services company.

As a car company, they are worth perhaps $200B? The Tesla market cap peaked out at $1T.

So, last week, Tesla FSD came out of beta. There are reports that v12 drives better than a human. Safety through the roof. This is what everyone has been waiting for.

In the very near future, we will be waiting for enough republicans in congress to approve the Tesla ride service. Clearly, Democrats will do everything possible to road block anything that will help Tesla.

Still, when China allows automated ride hailing and other countries start to allow it, American government is going to look like assholes. They can slow it but not stop it.

So... Here we are. Tesla is valued at roughly $600B. It probably has an intrinsic value around $300B, all in. FSD arrives and appears to be really good. This causes the stock to move from $181 to $184?

Clearly, TSLA$ is being driven by people who want to watch numbers flip with zero regard for what is happening at the company.

T0rm3nted and roadtonowhere08 like this.
  14. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

TSLA$ now $192

No one is breathing a word about fsd pming out of beta or the astonishing driving prowess of r12 (drives better than a human).

This is a milestone moment. If a Tesla caught on fire somewhere on the planet, you can be sure that would be covered. My news feed is plugged with articles on Elon's remuneration.

15. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

The valuation is not crazy from some articles I read.The wildcards being what ever they can do with AI and the robotics.

TomB16 likes this.
  16. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I think I read you suggesting FSD is baked into the current price. If so, that is fair. I would have thought FSD would be worth more than 300B but perhaps I am over optimistic. By the time regulators finish delaying this into 2035, others will have caught up and the pie will be divided among multiple players.

Meanwhile, Tesla China sales are up 10% the fourth week in January. While other marques are trying to crack the Chinese market, Tesla is already there.

17. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

January numbers are in.

Tesla sold 2.44M annualized units in January. 443K units exported from Giga Shanghai.

Both of these numbers are off from December. The Chinese car market is dramatically down. Tesla is offering significant discounts and price cuts but sales are falling.

18. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/ev-battery-icbc-writeoff

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/02/b...-battery-replacement-and-one-gets-quoted-71k/

19. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

$TSLA. $188

This equity is down, based on a February sales slump in China.

If I was a trader, I would buy $TSLA. I do not believe there is a Chinese sales slump. While sales are down, Chinese New Year was in February this year. Giga Shanghai was shut down for one week at Chinese New Year.

The shutdown accounts for 25% of Shanghai production. Sales are down about 18%. Seems fine to me.

Tesla set a new delivery record in January, undoubtedly fueled by moving the shutdown to February. If ever there wasn't a problem...

$TSLA is a $200 stock that is currently selling for $188. The price will correct in early April when March numbers come out or when people develop a clue.

#3799 TomB16, Mar 4, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  20. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Further, Tesla is waiting on Wayland and Juniper refreshes to models 3 and Y respectively. This seems to bother people.

Ignore the FUD and explanations for this delay. As soon as CATL ramps their new battery to sufficient volume for the best two selling EVs in the world (gonna take time), Tesla will release a new battery platform with higher storage density and lower internal resistance.

Lower internal resistance can be used to either increase charge speed, reject less heat during fast charging, or a combination of both.

This is worth waiting for and another demonstration of perfect strategic operation by Tesla while other manufacturers seem to lack the first clue about much of anything.