TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I do not currently hold Tesla and I don't expect to hold it again but if the deal is good enough, I might be enticed. I wouldn't buy at 168, again. I don't know how low it will have to sink.

I give Elon a 50% chance of being CEO of Tesla 10 years from now. If someone buys now to go long, they could easily experience a CEO transition. Perhaps that's something to think about?

So, can a non-Elon Tesla compete with other North American and European car makers? Probably. I would bet on Tesla to win that fight.

Can a non-Elon Tesla compete with Chinese car makers? I am extremely skeptical they could. Time will tell.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. Money123

Money123 Active Member

3. Rayak

Rayak Active Member

As others have said in other places, "I'll believe it when I see it." I hear DeLorean is coming back with a model that burns aluminum cans for fuel and gets 900 miles per can....

4. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Well-Known Member

How does one charge a car battery so fast and not totally degrade it's lifespan... or pop some kind of citywide breaker? :eek:

TomB16 likes this.
  5. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

During the charging wars, when Porsche bragged about 350KW charging and set every Taycan on fire, it all seemed moronic.

I fail to see the benefit of charging at such a high rate the battery pack gets super hot and needs to be actively cooled to prevent fire. It seems a little non-consensual.

Even Tesla has their octovalve heat pump that spools up to maximum to reject heat while charging. Brutal.

They are going to need cells with lower internal resistance, in order to charge with lower heat. This brings two advantages. As well as reducing heat during rapid charge/discharge, it will reduce the need for a capacitor field to buffer the pack from max draw.

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Looks like this big wedge pattern on the daily is getting sorted out soon.

7. William Brown

William Brown New Member

If TSLA is moving around $244 like it did last month, it could mean that this price level is significant, possibly acting as support or resistance. While it might not be a huge revelation on its own, watching these levels can help us understand the stock’s behavior and trends better. Levels can be pretty handy in tracking how a stock is performing over time!

TomB16 likes this.
  8. TraderHR

TraderHR Member

260 area likely short term IMHO.
    [​IMG]

9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla has dramatically increased testing of robo taxis the last couple of weeks.

I will speculate there will never be an unsupervised version of AutoPilot. To get that will require purchase of the robotaxi version of the software, no doubt, at considerable cost.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  10. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, ... Tesla has now sold 5M vehicles.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  11. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member