TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Tesla halts Model 3 production for a second time
    Source: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...16?link=MW_widget_latestnews_stockaholics.net

Tesla Inc. confirmed Monday afternoon that it has halted production of its new Model 3 electric car for a second time.

“Our Model 3 production plan includes periods of planned downtime in both Fremont and Gigafactory 1,” a Tesla spokesman said, in repeating the company’s statement from a weeklong shutdown in February. “These periods are used to improve automation and systematically address bottlenecks in order to increase production rates. This is not unusual and is in fact common in production ramps like this.”

Tesla TSLA, -1.21% credited the first pause in production of the new car at its Fremont, Calif., plant with helping to ramp up production, which is behind the schedule Chief Executive Elon Musk laid out for the car last year. Some analysts posited that the delay allowed the company to build up its supply of batteries from the Gigafactory, Tesla’s battery factory in Reno, Nev., which is also trying to ramp up production to meet ambitious schedules.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Musk Doubles Down on Model 3 With Round-the-Clock Production
    Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...-3-with-round-the-clock-production/ar-AAvZjrM

Tesla Inc. will begin around-the-clock production at its Fremont, California, assembly plant to boost Model 3 output, chief executive officer Elon Musk told employees.

The electric-car maker will try to build 6,000 of the sedans a week by the end of June, Musk wrote in an email Tuesday first obtained by the blog Electrek. A Tesla spokesman declined to comment. The company’s shares rose as much as 2.9 percent in early U.S. trading on Wednesday.

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

6000 per week?

Go Tesla!

4. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Hard gap down today

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Tesla Drops 7% Thursday Following Tumultuous Earnings Call

7. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

So you're saying they beat expectations....for insulting-ness?

8. fireopal

T0rm3nted likes this.
  9. fireopal

forgot about this so back to post. weeding is good... Tesla chief Elon Musk accuses worker of sabotage -
    "...The full extent of his actions are not yet clear, but what he has admitted so far is pretty bad," ..."His stated motivation is that he wanted a promotion that he did not receive..." https://www.bbc.com/news/business-44531777

Onepoint272 likes this.
  10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This is some next level shit here1

Internal email from Elon Musk:

To: Everybody

Subject: Some concerning news

June 17, 2018

11:57 p.m.

I was dismayed to learn this weekend about a Tesla employee who had conducted quite extensive and damaging sabotage to our operations. This included making direct code changes to the Tesla Manufacturing Operating System under false usernames and exporting large amounts of highly sensitive Tesla data to unknown third parties.

The full extent of his actions are not yet clear, but what he has admitted to so far is pretty bad. His stated motivation is that he wanted a promotion that he did not receive. In light of these actions, not promoting him was definitely the right move.

However, there may be considerably more to this situation than meets the eye, so the investigation will continue in depth this week. We need to figure out if he was acting alone or with others at Tesla and if he was working with any outside organizations.

As you know, there are a long list of organizations that want Tesla to die. These include Wall Street short-sellers, who have already lost billions of dollars and stand to lose a lot more. Then there are the oil & gas companies, the wealthiest industry in the world — they don't love the idea of Tesla advancing the progress of solar power & electric cars. Don't want to blow your mind, but rumor has it that those companies are sometimes not super nice. Then there are the multitude of big gas/diesel car company competitors. If they're willing to cheat so much about emissions, maybe they're willing to cheat in other ways?

Most of the time, when there is theft of goods, leaking of confidential information, dereliction of duty or outright sabotage, the reason really is something simple like wanting to get back at someone within the company or at the company as a whole. Occasionally, it is much more serious.

Please be extremely vigilant, particularly over the next few weeks as we ramp up the production rate to 5k/week. This is when outside forces have the strongest motivation to stop us.

If you know of, see or suspect anything suspicious, please send a note to [email address removed for privacy] with as much info as possible. This can be done in your name, which will be kept confidential, or completely anonymously.

Looking forward to having a great week with you as we charge up the super exciting ramp to 5000 Model 3 cars per week!

Will follow this up with emails every few days describing the progress and challenges of the Model 3 ramp.

Thanks for working so hard to make Tesla successful,
    Elon

Onepoint272 and T0rm3nted like this.
  11. Lil '08 Economic Collapse

Does anyone think this could be a way for Elon to deflect the financial/manufacturing troubles that have been going on?

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

This does not distract anybody, the news cycle moves too quickly to dwell on this.

13. fireopal

14. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

15. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I'm not a swing trader but the endless anti-Tesla media coverage where they make up something negative and it gets picked up by a few of the hard right financial outlets, then later to be proven wrong again and again makes it seem like an obvious opportunity to take money from the alt-right base.

I completely disregard the Tesla dreamers, also. When I'm on StockTwits and someone cites $450 by the end of the week and $1000 by the end of the year, I know this person is basing this prediction on nothing more than his own imagination.

In the case of Goldman Sachs, they are probably trying to drive the price down and buy, before an earnings call or major announcement that will drive the price even higher.

16. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep, this reminds me a ton of AMD. Manipulation by the big guys in order to load up for cheap. It's illegal, but as usual nothing will get done about it.

bigbull and TomB16 like this.
  17. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

• Date Symbol Brokerage Current Previous Pr. TargetPrice Target
    • 26 Jun 2018 USTSLA Goldman Sachs Sell Sell $195.00
    For the record, here is the Goldman Sachs rating for Tesla. This is a cut/paste from TDDI, as of right now (June 30). We can look back at this in a month or so, after the earnings call blows the relentless negative press out of the water again, to have a look at how close Goldman was with their prediction.

A quick Google of "Goldman Sachs Tesla" yields a littany of negative news, all of which turned out to be bogus, and yet Goldman can still move the market.

You never know, they could be correct, one of these days.

I've done some work on valuing Tesla. I'll post it shortly when I'm at my computer.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  18. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Elon just posted that Tesla has achieved a burst production rate of 7000 cars in the last week. 5000 model 3s and 2000 s/x.

https://electrek.co/2018/07/01/tesla-model-3-production-milestone-record-total-production-elon-musk/

Meanwhile, conservative media are pretty much all predicting Tesla will miss their production target. This article was posted 3 days ago and I think it's more than fair to suggest it has a negative slant. lol!

https://nypost.com/2018/06/28/tesla-wont-reach-musks-production-target-workers-say/

Decide who the con man (men) is (are) and place your bets.

#598 TomB16, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  19. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

David Tamberrino is the Goldman Sachs analyst who has been rating Tesla a sell, since February of 2017 when it was at $257. He's been a broken record, ever since.

Here is his record.

https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/david-tamberrino

At some point, David should stand up and say, "You know... I don't have a clue. Never did. I'm just spewing negative garbage about Tesla because I believe burning dead dinosaurs is the will of God and change is the work of the devil. That's why none of my Tesla ratings were on the mark. Now, get off my lawn before I shoot you with this shot gun."

20. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Wonderful thing about being an analyst is that you never need to admit you were ever wrong!

TomB16 likes this.