TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

lol TSLA T1 halt.

Now i'm crying over swing that i sold today which clearly was not the day to sell!!

#641 fireopal, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  2. fireopal

3. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I remember during the May conference call he was blowing off the anal-cysts questions as if he didn't need this chit. Then last week during the August CC, he was all apologetic. Interesting drama. I expected the stock price to tank after his May tantrum, but it didn't and today we learn what the big boys already knew in May. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we still don't know for sure if its real or just a stunt.

4. fireopal

5. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm pretty sure it's not Berkshire.

It will be interesting to find out where the money is coming from.

6. fireopal

@TomB16 funding may have came from Saudi Arabia who bought 2 bil worth of shares before EM tweet - see link in my last post.

7. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Thanks, fireopal. I saw that and was aware of it a couple of days ago from a StockTwits comment.

I expect the relentless onslaught of negative news will reduce dramatically, once Tesla goes private. Even now, I don't see a a profit motive to lie about tesla. There are probably some folks with competing interests who would like to kill Tesla, so there will still be a bit.

8. fireopal

strange - must have some insiders over on StockTwits because believe news about Saudi buying just became public yesterday shortly before EM tweet??

9. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

So how serious is this going private thing being taken?

Or is it simply a ploy to bump the stock price?

10. Onepoint272

I have no skin in this game, just looking in from the outside, but I have to say this looks awfully suspicious. There is opportunity and motive (debt relief).

But hey, he did put a Tesla in outer space , no really it's up there :rolleyes:. By the way who paid for that supposed feat, the private Space X or the public TSLA?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#650 Onepoint272, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    T0rm3nted and Stockaholic like this.
  11. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

The tweet would have been illegal if Elon sold stock into the price gains. If Elon did not sell stock, no laws were broken.

The SEC is full of wind.

It's interesting that the clueless are the most vocal. I'm referring to the news wires, Bloomberg, CNBC, etc.

fireopal likes this.
  12. fireopal

13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Onepoint272 likes this.
  14. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Geez, what a ride!

Is it worth buying again and waiting for the next magical tweet :D

Onepoint272 likes this.
  15. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

The serial number registration rate for model 3 Teslas continues to ramp. Tesla is now rolling out 6000 model 3 vehicles per week.

The SEC meeting this week is arbitrary bad news for Tesla bears. The SEC is not going to order Tesla manufacturing halted and all Tesla owners return to ICE vehicles.

I'm not one of these people who thinks Tesla will hit $1000/shr in the next month but if I had a choice between Ford and Tesla, and I do, I'd be delighted to take Tesla, and I did.

Investors can ignore the short term drama and enjoy the market steamroller effect of a company that is tripling it's production each year. That almost never happens. Tesla bet the company on the model 3 and won. Everything else is background noise.

For speculators, I have no idea what lays ahead. I barely know what we've been through. As best I can tell, some fat guys are rocking the Tesla boat and technical analysts are making a futile effort to make sense of it.

T0rm3nted and StockJock-e like this.
  16. Onepoint272

Seems to have found support at that axis (cluster-of-closes) line again.

Daily at about 42 minutes into trading day:
    upload_2018-8-20_9-12-47.png

#656 Onepoint272, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    fireopal and Stockaholic like this.
  17. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

They have their problems, but if you have ever seen or sat in a Tesla, its worth every cent.

I recently met a new owner who has been waiting almost two years and finally got it. That car is a piece of art!

18. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla is on a production ramp to surpass BMW in us sales this month. That's pretty amazing, imo.

19. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

They were just saying that on CNBC, if TSLA continues at this rate of production, they are right up there agains the Honda Civic soon!

That is nuts!

20. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla is producing cars at a rate beyond 400K per year, 1GWh of energy storage, and bring a lot of less visible IP assets online and yet they continue to be dismissed by most "analysts" as irrelevant.

As I understand it, Tesla now produces more EVs than all other manufacturers combined.

An odd sidebar in the privatization effort is that Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley have stopped rating Tesla. This seems to have noticeably reduced the negative sentiment against Tesla. GS was valuing Tesla at $180 and are now working toward privatization at $420. Think about that for a minute. Yeah, they should probably stop pretending it's worth $180 for a while. They can go back to crapping on the company once it's private and Tesla is no longer paying for their services.

Meanwhile, Tesla has deployed their new grid management software in Samoa to manage a fleet of generation and storage. It will take several years but I suspect the grid management software platform will prove to be a key Tesla asset.