TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Anybody here compare the rates? Im curious to know what they average is.

"Starting today, we're launching Tesla Insurance, a competitively priced insurance offering designed to provide Tesla owners with up to 20 percent lower rates, and in some cases as much as 30 percent," Tesla announced on its website last week.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

3. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Porsche debuts Tesla’s newest competition with the all-electric Taycan sports car for $150,900

• Porsche unveiled its first fully electric car, the Taycan, at simultaneous events in Germany, China and Niagara Falls, Ontario, on Wednesday.
    • The Taycan Turbo starts at $150,900 with the more powerful Taycan Turbo S at $185,000.
    • That’s far higher than the most expensive Tesla Model S which can top out just over $100,000.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/04/por...competition-with-the-all-electric-taycan.html

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

$150k all electric Porsche! I like what the future looks like!

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Come on $230, lets go

6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Someone in another discussion group mentioned Tesla is likely to announce the pickup truck late this month. It was someone I know and this person has a bit of credibility but I don't know how much respect to give that prognostication.

I don't know what showing the pickup truck to the world will do to the market cap. On the one hand, it seems positive but, on the other, I have no confidence in Tesla's ability to design a real truck. I am expecting a unibody with a tiny box, dark windows, and low profile tires.

On the other hand, look at how popular the model x is and that thing is hideous.

This, coming from a Tesla fan boy. Lol

Bodacious likes this.
  7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

It depends on the price and what kind of mileage it gets.

We know its going to put out more torque than anything else out there, this could be a game changer for some.

Bodacious and TomB16 like this.
  8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

One of the best arguments in favor of Tesla's future has to be how much every other maker is talking about Tesla. The trash talk is ridiculous. Meanwhile, Tesla keeps steaming along with new products and finishing a factory that will eventually double their production.

At this point, I can't see Faraday future surviving into 2020. I hope they can pull it out but they will be extremely lucky to survive at all, never mind being a Tesla killer.

9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

By the way, Britain now requires an EV charger on all new homes.

The Model 3 started selling in Britain earlier this month and it entered the charts as the third best selling car in Britain.

10. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I'm gonna buy it when it gets to $10.

Three Eyes likes this.
  11. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

You're a funny man. An uncle of mine (not the deceased one that gave me all of his Wyckoff tapes) and I text frequently about stocks. Any time I mention Tesla his immediate response is something derogatory about Musk. Today I told him how popular Teslas are out here in LaLa Land and he said he'd be afraid to ride in anything that Musk built. I mentioned Musk's rockets to that he replied he's not riding in anybody's rocket, so Musk got off light on that one. Anyway, my point is that his opinion of Musk is probably shared by the vast majority of Americans, at least those my uncle's age, which is mid 80s.

TomB16 and Onepoint272 like this.
  12. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

We can collect $60 per contract for selling the June 2021 puts @ 10 strike!

Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 4.10.24 AM.png

Onepoint272 likes this.
  13. Onepoint272

But of course, selling puts is a bullish position. It is noteworthy however, that there is an active market down at those strikes and the open interest at $5 is intriguing. Perhaps while I'm waiting for $10 on the underlying, I should buy those $5 Ps.:cool:

#1113 Onepoint272, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    Three Eyes likes this.
  14. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

One of the reasons I am so positive about Tesla's Chinese expansion is that Tesla needs to move into markets that are not as openly hostile. There are anti-change people everywhere in the world but I don't think any country has such a high ratio as the USA.

If Tesla was selling solely in the US, the anti-Tesla crowd would have a low but real chance of killing it in time.

Anyone who has lived with an electric car understands the convenience, simplicity, and economy will kill internal combustion vehicles over time. Right now, Tesla dominates the EV market. It's theirs to lose. History shows us that larger leads have been squandered but Tesla appears to be in good shape to continue to dominate the EV market.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  15. Onepoint272

Okay fine, but near-term reality check: I just filled up for $2.099 per gallon and its going to get cheaper and I did it in less than 5 minutes...boom!... no range anxiety here. Getting back though to the topic of an initial-position buy price, are you saying I should raise my sights from $10? Sure TSLA stock is overpriced here, priced for infinite demand and needs to come back to earth, but never mind the funnymentals, at what price do you think most of the glassy-eyed Musk worshipers will throw in the towel and the smart money will come back in to accumulate? (You do recognize I assume, that the big money needs a selling climax in order to begin accumulation.) Could it be as high as say, just under $100? That sounds rich I know, but maybe that's where most of the muppets have their stops. Where is your stop? Surely, you must have a price in mind where you will recognize that your thesis is wrong. I assume it's higher than most of the crowd since you're no dummy...not one of those that wont sell until the pain of loss exceeds the fear of admitting they're wrong?

#1115 Onepoint272, Sep 7, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  16. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I think we are all waiting to see if this downtrend here is done and that support holds:

[​IMG]

T0rm3nted likes this.
  17. Onepoint272

Albemarle, the world's largest lithium producer, dropped 12.3% in August. They reported solid 2nd quarter and first half results and raised full year guidance, but they announced a decision to indefinitely delay certain lithium production expansion projects and cut its production outlook for the early 2020s by as much as 35% compared to previous expectations. They were expecting to grow production in the early 2020s to 350,000 metric tons per year and now only expect 225,000 metric tons. The Motley Fool explains that China's slowing economy has sapped demand for consumer products and electric vehicles.

18. Onepoint272

Saw my first Tesla today on the way to church, or at least the first that I recognized as a Tesla, they're sort of plain looking. It was tagged from another state and the driver looked agitated. He was probably searching for one of two available charge stations in this area before he'd need a tow. If he found it, I assume he had to kill a few hours shopping or something. No thanks.

#1118 Onepoint272, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  19. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

I'm not personally involved with Tesla stock, so I'm neutral on it's future, although I do believe that EV's do have a future, though it might be 30-50 years before it's realized. The issue involved has already been discussed in this thread.

A minimum of 50 years left, could be much longer as exploration is ongoing.
    https://jalopnik.com/bp-says-the-world-only-has-53-years-of-oil-left-should-1602354842
    https://www.nasdaq.com/article/how-much-oil-is-left-in-the-earth-cm897561
    https://www.fool.com/investing/gene...way-more-than-53-years-worth-of-oil-left.aspx

The oil producers will rule until the product is exhausted. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to find that the oil companies are working on, or already have a way to create synthetic gasoline for aviation, as it is most likely that battery powered air transport is a long ways off, more than 50 years anyways.

Onepoint272 likes this.
  20. Onepoint272

I'm a peak oil proponent and that 53.3 years given by BP is premised on the "current" rate of production. So since consumption is increasing so will production and the 53 years will be substantially shorter. However, as some other sources say, including the Nasdaq article you linked, the number for known reserves keeps changing. Nevertheless, discoveries have slowed, so one could extrapolate the curve and estimate when world peak oil will occur, that is if we can believe what some countries are saying they have for known reserves. A number of years ago it was reported that the Saudis are already injecting water to push oil to the surface; not a good sign. Anyway, unless you are in the camp that oil is constantly being created, peak oil is not a question of if but when. But it won't happen that all of a sudden there is no more oil. It will just become more and more expensive as we go down the falling limb of the production curve until it takes more energy to get the oil than it gives in energy. Then what? Coal and uranium are also limited resources and there is no way renewables can replace the energy density of fossil fuels and nuclear. We are living in the golden age I think.

Stockaholic and Bodacious like this.