TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Optionslayer

Optionslayer Member

The 1 lonely share at $ 936 is coming back to life.

2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

There are tough times ahead for Tesla. All of the innovation in the world, and they are doing roughly all of it, will not insulate them from global hard times and supply chain problems.

On the other hand, Tesla has $7B in the bank and when I think about what auto company is most likely to weather a severe economic event, it's Tesla.

On the shorter term, we need to start thinking about how Tesla is going to respond to a hard slam from a failing economy that is almost certainly coming.

Optionslayer likes this.
  3. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

Here's a Tesla Compliment / Competitor Company ......... Nasdq: IDEX

EV, Fintech, AI, Blockchain stock .... The shares are trading at bargain levels imo and the company has successfully restructured.

A large short position ( 4.5 Million Shares ) should provide upside fuel to any rebound.

These shares have formed a solid base at current levels and I anticipate an upward retracement .

Resistance exists at the $0.82 and $1.14 levels almost a triple from current levels.

Latest news

Ideanomics' MEG Sales Subsidiary to open large EV facility in the City of Qingdao

https://investors.ideanomics.com/20...00-square-meters-facility-in-the-City-Qingdao

4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Giga Shanghai is, once again, a forest of pile drivers and general activity. A very large new building is going up beside the current general assembly building and it is very active.

5. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Im liking these prices down here a lot better than $1000 :D

TomB16 likes this.
  6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla just made their millionth car.

7. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

What a day to celebrate that!

Sorry to all longs, but I do hope it goes lower to give more people another chance at it!

TomB16 likes this.
  8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla has made a lot of people millionaires. A few of them started out as billionaires.

I like how stock markets democratize money and take Tesla as the ultimate example. As the old establishment angrily chants "fossil fuel forever", younger investors have stripped older investors of their money. As it should be.

I'm an older man and take this as both a victory of objectivity and also a lesson. One day, I will be the one chasing people off my lawn with a shotgun and angrily shouting that nothing is going to change, trying to convince myself more than others. If only I could stop people from saying things might change, perhaps I could prevent it from happening.... Before that day comes, I need to be an index investor. Until then, I'm pleased to have some of David Einhorn's money and wish I could take more from Jim Chanos.

I really do think humans have a best before date, when it comes to trend and market analysis. I'm sure I'm getting close, if I'm not already there. For those who can do it forever, good for you. I've never seen it and that includes Warren Buffett whom I still enjoy listening to but could absolutely care less about what he is buying or selling, but I can allow for the possibility of objectivity to a ripe old age; at least, in theory.

9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I haven't bothered much with updates, lately. Perhaps I should toss a chip into this poker game to keep my spot at the table.

Both Giga Shanghai and Giga Berlin have more activity than a dorm wing at a catholic girls' school during a Charlie Sheen visit. Dig, dig. Build, build. Blah, blah, blah...

The real story is prismatic batteries at Freemont nearing their public debut (I expect it to happen on Battery day... expected in April) which will complete the productization cycle of this battery type and full self driving, which Tesla is expected to achieve this year.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  10. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Has anyone considered the production cost saving Tesla will have when they achieve FSD?

Right now, staff drive the cars around the test track, inventory the cars, and route them to their destination on car carriers.

Audio from the test drive is electronically analyzed for squeaks and wind noise.

With FSD, the test component of production can be automated. I'm surprised it isn't automated now. Also, the delivery component can be automated.

A car will be able to drive itself off the production line, test itself, and then show up at the inspection shed for final detailing and QI. Once cleared of QC, it can drive itself to it's owner.

Delivery costs can easily be several hundred dollars per car. That will go away.

Eighteen months ago, when Tesla bought a fleet of used car haulers, I figured they went as cheap as possible because they did not see a long term use for these trailers. At this point, those trailers appear to have a life cycle that will end in about two years. No problem, other manufacturers will still need them. lol!

T0rm3nted likes this.
  11. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Whoa, that is impressive!

12. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Well, it would be. Lol!

13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Alright, if anybody missed TSLA on the last run, we are getting another chance. Dont rush in, more opportunity over the next month!

TomB16 likes this.
  14. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I feel terrible for longs, but man, under $500? YES!

15. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

There is no need to feel badly for a real long. I purchased our initial tranche in 2016 with the hope the company would be worth something in 2026, or so.

What happens in the mean time is not entirely irrelevant. I have bought twice on dips that were too good to pass up.

In effect, Tesla soaring to nearly $1000 was irrelevant. The low dips were positive events for us.

So, I'm right there with your excitement. Burn, baby. Burn! :D

T0rm3nted likes this.
  16. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla has been respecting the ecosystem at Giga Berlin. How respectful, you ask?

They have moved several ant colonies to a conservation area. :D

It's pretty clear the "environmentalists" trying to shut down the Giga Berlin project have ulterior motives.

17. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

LOL, the ant colonies are important OK?

18. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I assumed Giga Berlin would be built very fast but more slowly than Giga Shanghai. It was a popular thought process.

Groundwork production is taking place at a pretty big scale and an amazing pace. I think they are a week away from pile drivers and perhaps two weeks from the first concrete pours.

The best GigaShanghai video and pics come from WeChat and Chinese sources. There are a few things on YouTube but they tend to be old and usually posted long after the original video is put up on WeChat.

Giga Berlin is monitored in real time by Germans posting video to YouTube and pics to Twitter. It's easy to follow. I'm not sure I will bother posting construction updates for Giga Berlin because I don't have any particular advantage over anyone else in this forum.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  19. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

20. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I didnt think we would see the $400's again!

TomB16 likes this.