TSLA - Tesla Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Administrator, Mar 21, 2016.

1. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

One day, we could all pay for transportation, as needed, and it's available around the clock. I live in The City. That sounds like public transportation. 24 hour service. I just have to walk to the corner. It gets me to any part of town I want. I still have a bike, a car, a truck, a motorcycle, and a scooter.

jolmarq likes this.
  2. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

That false equivalency might be comforting but it's ridiculous.

When it's 20 below, walking to the bus stop from work isn't ideal and then I have to wait outside for 10 minutes while my balls freeze. Walking to the parking lot, where I pay for parking, isn't much better and then I have to wait for my car to warm up. I can hail an Uber with my phone, it picks me up at the door, and gets me home as fast or faster than I can with my car, even when I don't have to wait for it to warm up, and far faster than a bus that stops every block or two.

I'm sure plenty of people argued that horses are just as good as cars, back in 1910. lol!

When we go to Mexico or Portugal, we take Uber everywhere and it's fantastic. Surprisingly, I don't miss driving in these countries. Average wait time is about 60 seconds as they are never more than a couple of blocks away.

B Russ likes this.
  3. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

I guess im just mad because i want to have my cake and eat it too. As a consumer and investor, but independently. I want cheap products to consume but with high margin as an investor. Hahaha

4. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

This is just a guess but I suspect a new PowerWall will be unveiled at Battery Day. Perhaps it will be larger in size, a bit larger in capacity, and lower cost. Obviously, I'm predicting a lithium iron based PowerWall.

The LiFE4 PowerWall, if it happens, would be primarily about scaling the PowerWall product releasing lithium polymer batteries to the automotive division. CATL is a world power in LiFE4 batteries so that is perhaps part of what the CATL relationship is about.

There is so much hype about Battery Day, I can't imagine a scenario in which Tesla is able to match what has been said. Perhaps that means the stock will take a small hit, immediately following the BD presentation.

I'm happy with 5% annual energy density improvement. That means capacity will double every 14 years.

5. Sat

Sat New Member

Best than tesla, take a look for novacyt

6. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

At this point, I believe we will see singleton sample model Y produced at Giga Shanghai before September 22 (Battery Day).

There is very little left to do on the exterior of the buildings.

7. Dinah.Wallacer

Dinah.Wallacer New Member

From the chart, I think TESLA at the top of the mountain.

TomB16 likes this.
  8. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

Charts are historical. I look at them also. Looking backwards to predict the future. The future is unpredictable. Nobody saw The Spanish Inquisition. Nobody saw Elon Musk Tweeting....

9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is an opportunity to short or buy a put?

10. A55

A55 Well-Known Member

can't tell

This is only the beginning. What did they say 100 years ago? Ford is still here. What happened to all the other companies? Where will Tesla be in 100 years? I don't plan to live that long. But I do plan on filing my next tax return.

11. Bachelor

Bachelor New Member

Any news on today’s pop? Or just momentum?

12. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

There is a bit of buzz about Tesla anode-less battery technology they just patented. Perhaps this is connected to the jump.

What the market should be more focused on is Giga Shanghai and how engineers are deep into the process of installing robots and production equipment in the model Y GA building. I think calibration and testing only takes a couple of weeks.

I'm going to guess Y manufacturing will be slowed by construction and calibration of the casting mechanism, not the GA line.

To be clear, I'm not predicting Y production will be late. I still think it will be early. I just think casting production is on the critical project path where the GA line is not.

13. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

I definitely see a lot more Teslas on the road now more than ever.

Early in this thread I recall saying how I would see one a week. That has changed :D

TomB16 likes this.
  14. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla is currently producing cars at a rate of roughly 700K units annually.

That's a lot of new cars or, at these valuations, a lot of new clients in their software customer base.

15. Auri

Auri Well-Known Member

16. B Russ

B Russ Well-Known Member

Big quick mid day spike. I did a quick search on brokerage news then here as to why.

i did find one bit of news that i think is the source. Panasonic is going to pump $100 mil into more battery production and add a new production line at giga 1

I guess its either that, or the pedestrian warning speaker opting for elevator music as opposed to a boring beep? :lauging:

17. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Tesla signed a long term contract to purchase more batteries from Panasonic. The last contract was for 7 years.

B Russ likes this.
  18. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

When we obtained our first tranche of Tesla in 2016, I thought it had a very reasonable chance of providing a nice return in 10 years. Standard investor thought process. I was in my later 40s then, so I thought the money would hit us at an ideal time for retirement in our late 50s.

There was never a point it felt like high risk, although I always knew Tesla could fail. Tesla could still fail but the odds of that happening are pretty low by this point. In fact, I place the odds of Tesla failing as a company to be an order of magnitude lower than GM, Ford, FCA.

19. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Three Gorges Dam is at record high water levels with record inflows in a record surge that is predicted to last for the next five days. They are releasing water at record rates but, even at that, they are releasing it at roughly half the rate of inflows.

Record wise. :D

#1799 TomB16, Aug 20, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  20. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Is it time to go log on Three Gorges Dam?

TomB16 likes this.