TWTR - Twitter

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Charles Noble

Charles Noble Well-Known Member

The long term trend now is up, this ER will provide the 2nd data point to confirm the uptrend into the $20s, but a dip is needed now.

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

So TWTR to stay in the 15-20 range for a while longer?

3. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Interesting where the strong hands decided to step in and buy it; at the intersection of the long-term stride line and horizontal support. I suppose it might slide down that long-term stride line for a while. Ultimately though, and I don't know how this will play out, but my Point & Figure chart gives a bullish objective of $57....maybe Putin will start tweeting.

Daily:
    upload_2017-7-27_21-49-53.png

#363 Onepoint272, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  4. MiguelHammond10

lots of ppl lost a lot of $$ on this poorly runned company. End of April 2018 I am out of it if there are no changes. Enough is enough.

5. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

Bought 10 TWTR OCT 20 2017 19.00 C @ .69 today.

6. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Somebody likes the long side!

7. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Meat Popsicle

I was pretty hot on this name in the lead up to Q3 earnings. Q2's earning helped break the stock above a trendline and closer to shifting away from the 3 year long term POC (point of control) on the weekly chart below - however there was no following thru. It's concerning how the volume for the week is close to matching the demand it saw in May. If shareholders thought the current earnings report was a one-off situation you would not have seen that level of supply hit the market. Frustration with this name continues to build.

I don't believe TWTR operationally will worsen so I would expect the 13-20 range to continue to play out for however long it takes before smarter hands right the ship. Support on the Q3 earnings drop is shown on the daily chart's POC at that mid 16 level. If you're looking for a long term hold I would not touch this stock until it breaks the 20.80 level. Everything else is range-bound trading.

TWTR2.JPG twtr.JPG

Onepoint272 likes this.
  8. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Sup Rock?!?! :D

Yeah, that range tends to keep buyers coming in that are comfortable holding it, some still praying for that buyout from somewhere!

9. Clair

Clair Active Member

Still holding my position that I initiated at $15. Don't know what I'm doing anymore though.

10. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

The power to connect to celebs plus instant reach to news. it makes everything else in media irrelevant. Deserves to be around $20.
    Also Twitter Tests $99 Premium Ad Subscription Service
    A day after posting an 8-percent year-over-year drop in advertising revenue, Twitter began testing an ad subscription service auto-amplifying the tweets and profiles of an invitation-only cohort.

The $99-per-month program will allow registered advertisers to see their first 10 daily posts ━ not a customizable batch, and not exhausted by retweets, quote tweets or replies ━ automatically promoted.

Twitter will target interest- or location-based audiences according to subscriber preferences, and then follow up with a biweekly report card detailing changes to reach and engagements.

“This allows you to grow your audience and your influence without starting a campaign or ever creating an ad,” Twitter wrote in outreach to Twitter Ads users.

11. Clair

Clair Active Member

How is being able to tweet at celebrities going to generate them revenues? People need to be clicking on ads instead.

12. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Oh please, I know you are going to pay to tweet to Kim Kardashian! You cant resist! :D

13. Clair

Clair Active Member

Thing is, in 95% of cases they'd just ignore you. And when they don't, it's probably not them tweeting back at you, but their representative.

14. Clair

Clair Active Member

Speaking of celebrities on Twitter, Ed Sheeran deleted his Twitter account recently after all the shit he's been getting after that GoT episode he was in.

15. AverageJoesTrades

AverageJoesTrades Well-Known Member

wrong side - out at 50% loss.

16. Clair

Clair Active Member

It really feels like Twitter is going nowhere. It's been heading downhill for years and I see no changes in their policy whatsoever. That's pretty depressing.

And the fact that every company that ever considered buying them out ran away screaming as soon as they saw their financials doesn't help either.

17. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Meat Popsicle

I don't recall financials being the sticking point. The "policing" of online trolling/abuse was at the forefront of the concerns, along with Twitter execs over-valuing the company's worth.

18. Clair

Clair Active Member

Yeah, well, they don't make any money. That's also slightly problematic. Not as much as trolls, but still...

19. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

$SNAP market cap $15b, $TWTR mc $12b. Twitter will have more longevity than a disappearing picture app.
    $SNAP is slowly stagnating as a $TWTR, but Snap haven't seen a drop twitter has. Twitter in a more favorable trading position long term.

20. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Support here from the late April earnings report gap up. Could bounce here, or could start closing the gap down to under $15. Might be a decent bounce play if you are willing to set a fairly tight stop and eat some losses if you're wrong. 25%+ upside up to around $20-$21/share.

upload_2017-8-18_12-42-48.png