TWTR - Twitter

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by Stockaholic, Mar 31, 2016.

1. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

Excellent analysis by Kara Swisher.

roadtonowhere08 likes this.
  2. roadtonowhere08

roadtonowhere08 Well-Known Member

Sounds about right.

3. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Makes me want to create a tweeter account. Liberals are fun to smack around.

4. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Like Jan 6th when they smacked around the police officers guarding the Capital.

roadtonowhere08 likes this.
  5. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Define " WHO" "THEY" for a better perception.

6. roadtonowhere08

True patriots like yourself who are intoxicated by their own bullshit.

7. roadtonowhere08

No I pretty much nailed it. Now go have a bong hit on your couch and chill.

8. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

A little violent insurrection never hurt anybody.

9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

A well planned Chess move will bring the fanboys out in droves, proof that Mr. Musk is a genius.

Next..

10. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Lets not derail the thread too much, we all know how this works out since we have done it so much.

On the topic of Twitter, I can see Elon bringing in a new CEO and upper level C-suite to take over operations. All the noise about twitter going down is just noise IMO. The site can function fine, there may be some hiccups, but daily operations should be fine. I would say there is a risk of possible hacks and data breaches because most of the teams that handle that are fired, but twitter as a service will continue.

All those on the left who claim to be leaving for other sites can do so, much like MAGA when they cried about Trump being banned and migrating to Truth Social, same thing.

Also, everybody like Spud celebrating that one side is upset, keep in mind that the wheel turns and it always comes back around.

TomB16 likes this.
  11. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Makes no difference to me whatsoever. Who turns the wheel or if falls off. I make observations and I talk about them.
    Lesson of life is a few monkeys don't hold up the show.
    Not my intention to have a couple of fanboys that are obsessed with my every move, makes me a little nervous but we live in modern times.
    Tweeter is going to be just fine regardless of who leaves.

You never answered my question from this morning??

12. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I was reading Elon's all-staff email call for anyone who can help him understand how Twitter works as a bit concerning.

IMO, I don't think someone who has worked in procedural and traditional OOP is in a great position to understand a complex web app. He will probably get it internalized, at some point, but it's going to be an uphill battle, even for someone with Elon's extraordinary intellect.

It's also concerning to see his level of need to micromanage. His amazing abilities have allowed him the luxury of significant micro management but, as a generalized approach, it's a profoundly ignorant management technique, IMO.

rolexian and T0rm3nted like this.
  13. roadtonowhere08

Probably should have done his HW before he bought the damn thing, eh?

14. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Dude has a sense of humor. Reinstated Trump for Biden's birthday. BOO, gotta love it :rofl:

15. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

One of the next steps will be expanding the platform like TicTok as a example. If you mix, facebook,tic tok and tweeter all into one the end results are promising. In the meantime Tesla will be looking juicy.

16. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

lol, yeah.

He really didn't care, this whole purchase was a vanity project. Leveraging TSLA stock is the part Im not happy about.

If he wants to be a meme lord and get praise from 4chan, he can, thats fine, but not at the expense of the serious investments.

TSLA is going to do pretty good on the energy side, but I feel the vehicle side will suffer from his antics.

rolexian and TomB16 like this.
  17. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

The tweeter fluff seems to be working across the board. AAPL,AMZN all seem to be suffering. We must unite and save the World from Mr. Musk and his mean antics. :rofl:

18. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

KMB for the win. Tissue sales are through the roof lately. Support your fellow snowflakes and save the World from the river of tears.

19. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

There is a CNBC article trying to trash Musk for requesting weekly project updates. I recall working some projects that had biweekly that required status submitted before the meeting. That was a good era. Normally, however, the projects I've worked on have required weekly status updates.

Any time people don't need to provide status updates, you have a bunch of people sitting around. Sure, some people can self motivate to do things regardless of oversight but most need the drum beat of status updates to drive them to create fresh meat for their status bullets at the end of the week.

Keep this in mind, as you consume the negative news stream regarding Elon. These people are hungry for blood.

20. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

It's always fun to lay a piece of rope on the ground just to watch people hang themselves.
    Meanwhile in the real World its hard to ignore the facts. Understanding the agenda.