UGLD Credit Suisse Velocity Shares

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by The Brontide, Jun 24, 2020.

1. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

From time to time when the market mood seems right and the metrics suggest, I enjoyed buying into a bit of a ETF of Velocity Shares 3X Gold and /or Silver.

It performs well for me And has never failed to give me a decent return. Of course it is a short term round trip as these derivative-based ETF's go up fast and down faster, so one has to watch it constantly.

I currently am in for the last few days but I am certain I will be out by the end of the month.

That said,...

Credit Suisse has announced delisting these derivative-based vehicles this coming July.

Which brings me to a question.

Knowing I will be out at or before the beginning of the month, what are the risks presented for thru this week up to the end of the month, completely excluding spot prices on the metals of course.

When they delist, they will still be available to buy, or to sell if you can find a buyer, but only on the non- endice markets. And I will certainly have closed my positions prior to then.

But I haven't any experience with delistings of ETF's on the pre-delist functions of the market.

Any insights? Opinions? Thoughts? Or actual experiences as such?

Thanks in advance.

#1 The Brontide, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

Well I exited this trade this morning slightly in the green but wrapped up a little over 8% of a gain over the week during my holding on it.

I just get the feel that some margin calls on the markets may depress gold until this latest drop washes out.

Still wondering if people's opinions on the above post anyway.