Upcoming IPO's & IPO Discussion - New stocks coming to the market!

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Tiptopptrader, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

Here are next week's upcoming IPO's:
    [​IMG]

2. Stockaholic

Here are next week's upcoming IPO's:
    [​IMG]

3. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

I use to work for these guys... did heavy haul 3 years with em... they just sold off that whole division about 2 years ago

Seems odd to me... liquidate a ton of high dollar assets, then turn around and go public to raise money???

FYI.. i wouldnt touch this company with someone elses 10 ft pole..... oilfield politics at its finest... keep your friends in your pocket, and your pocket in your friends

#63 Jrich, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  4. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

This one on the other hand (GDI)... Ill be watching this one!

Also hauled fuel for 4 years.. and almost everything i touched said Gardner Denver on it

5. fireopal

fireopal Well-Known Member

Anyone know what happened to SGBX - was supposed to be today?

Never mind and thanks anyway lol. Obviously delayed & not easy to locate info but Capital One website has it down for "Week of 6/19". Have been waiting for this one - interesting concept https://www.sgblocks.com/

#65 fireopal, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  6. Stockaholic

Here are the IPO's due to hit the markets in this upcoming week ahead:
    [​IMG]

7. fireopal

8. Stockaholic

Here are the IPO's due to hit the markets in this upcoming week ahead:
    [​IMG]

9. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

I decided to add some spice in my investing life and looking into IPO which I'm not very knowledgeable about. How many of these go into penny stock level in the first 6 months after IPO?

10. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

All these IPOs should have a prospectus that you can read, you usually get a good sense of why they are going public. If its to pay back loans, to acquire tech/machinery, to expand growth, etc. Personally, I feel good about my ability to gauge a company off of reading their prospectus and SEC filings, so I tend to look there rather than listening/reading hype articles about them. For instance a company just went public this week called SG Blocks, I think their ticker is SGBX. I'd expect them to be worthless by years end, but many of the companies who offer larger IPOs Id feel more comfortable going long on.

11. fireopal

Have never dug that deep into prospectus/SEC filings when it comes to "IPO plays" but expect you may be right - was looking forward to SGBX due to the concept but unlike ATNX this one barely moved so not much of a play at all but still on watch...

12. blypelako

blypelako Active Member

Out of sheer curiosity, have you picked up many companies' stock during IPO if any? Having gotten acquainted with their prospectus, that is.

13. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

For me in a prospectus I like to read about a growth story or the funds being used as a means to reach commercial viability or for acquiring new sectors of business as opposed to paying down debt, a court case, etc. More often than not the prospectus scares me off due to me being super conservative when it comes to these IPOs. Recently I have decided against Mynd analytics, Blue sphere, SG Blocks, Meridian Waste as well as deciding against getting in on some secondary offerings like MTBCP. The more recent ones I have played and are still in would be BOMN, GPMT, CVNA (incredible run up on this one), GOOS, FND. Although I have sold parts of these holdings to get my original investment back plus a small profit, I plan on letting the rest ride.

Most of these IPOs have been through Motif Investing which I would recommend for their IPO offerings as well as their ETF plays (which they call motifs). Its kinda fun to mess around on their website, and many of their Motifs have performed greatly for me(in addition to the IPOs).

fireopal likes this.
  14. fireopal

Not playing but nice move today so anyone in ADOM?

15. tbw875

tbw875 Active Member

16. fireopal

17. twerpner

twerpner Active Member

I allocated 5000 for KALA through Motif. I have high hopes for this one. I usually don't get all of my allocated funds filled, but usually they get me close

18. fireopal

^^ Agree KALA definitely looks like the best of my 3 and secured financing/Phase 3 etc should have it doing very well - or so "we" hope anyway!

19. fireopal

Watched but did not play KALA AND got sidetracked and totally missed PETQ which did really well on Friday and is on radar for Mon - still waiting on YOGA (delayed due to market conditions)

20. tbw875

tbw875 Active Member