Welcome Stockaholics!

We are a new and fast growing financial forum! Sign up for free and let's talk stocks!

1. Do you want to help develop this community? We are looking for contributions from investors and traders like you! What stocks do you follow? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing financial forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. You will notice a live chat widget on the right. Click in to join us and lets hear about how you nailed that last UWTI trade!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanguard Lazy 3 question

Discussion in 'Investing' started by technical14, Jan 14, 2021.

1. technical14

technical14 New Member

Hey guys, first time poster.

I just opened a Roth IRA with Vanguard and I am trying to allocate my portfolio. I want to do something simple to start - 50% Vanguard Total Stock, 25 % Vanguard International Stock, & 25% Vanguard total Bond.

My question is - is there a way to set up my first purchase with percentages like these? Or do I have to manually allocate each purchase for the first time? I'm seeing that you can set up automatic investment, with a percentage option to each of the three I've outlined - but the auto investment can only be set up once I've purchased an ETF, Mutual, etc.

Any help would be appreciated - I hope this makes sense.

LJ