Vanguard VOO, best buy and hold strategy?

Discussion in 'Ask any question!' started by SPP, Aug 4, 2021.

1. SPP

SPP New Member

Hi All,

This is my first post and obviously from a newbie to stock. Anyway, quick question. Just want to use shares as a wealth accumulation strategy would the VOO ETF be a fairly safe bet in the medium to long term? Don't intend to make big bucks, just another alternative to money in the bank.

BTW, I have already invested into real estate, just want some diversification of asset class.

Thanks...:help

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

VOO is great, but its always better to wait for the market to give you a buying opportunity.

We get a good sell off at least once a year. Keep some powerder dry and start adding VOO when you start seeing headlines on CNN say "Are we in a bear market?" and other negative headlines. :D

upload_2021-8-4_20-29-7.png

SPP likes this.
  3. SPP

SPP New Member

Thanks. Looks like I just missed the last boat, but I am sure another will come given the turbulent time. I have just joined SOFI as a trading platform. Not sure if it's good but it certainly is cheap from my limited resources. Will keep my ear on the ground and thanks for the reply.

4. Intern shIp

Intern shIp Member

Real estate is always a great investment, especially, as a wise person did mention, if you don't have to take care of all the nitty gritty yourself. I try to buy specific and interesting packages that offer dividends and growth. Well managed and reinvests in a balanced, milder manner. Have done lots of research prior to choosing, here is a great place for learning from the pros :popcorn:.

SPP likes this.
  5. SPP

SPP New Member

Thanks @Intern shIp I have been reading a thread by @WXYZ and am already amazed at the wisdom and proven experience displayed since 2018. I am reading it like a kid reading Harry Potter. While real estate has been good to me, I am diversifying as I age. Being a real estate person I am a believer of long term investment approach. Maybe too old to stay awake for the day traders life. :hmm: