VSLR - Vivint Solar Inc

Discussion in 'Stock Message Boards NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX' started by StockJock-e, Jun 20, 2017.

1. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Vivint Solar, Inc. provides distributed solar energy to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in the United States. It operates through two segments, Residential, and Commercial and Industrial. The company installs and owns solar energy systems through long-term customer contracts. It also offers photovoltaic installation devices and software products. As of December 31, 2016, the company had an aggregate capacity of 681.1 megawatts covering 99,600 homes in 14 states. It has operations in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah. Vivint Solar, Inc. has a strategic collaboration with Mercedes-Benz Energy to provide customizable home energy storage systems in the United States. The company was formerly known as V Solar Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to Vivint Solar, Inc. in April 2014. Vivint Solar, Inc. was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Lehi, Utah.

[​IMG]

2. StockJock-e

StockJock-e Brew Master
    Staff Member

Its been a big 3 day run, but Im expecting action to the short side here.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Looks like Goldman Sachs is part of the reason:

"Goldman Sachs analyst Brian Lee upgraded Vivint Solar's stock from neutral to buy, and increased his price target from $3.50 to $6.00 per share. He thinks the company's move to cash and loan sales is going to improve its business, and sees Vivint as a good buyout target as financing for renewable projects and M&A improves." Source: https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/06/20/why-vivint-solar-incs-shares-popped-22-today.aspx

TomB16 likes this.
  4. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Wow!... good play, wish it was on my radar!

Point & figure count gives a $6.25 target... might have some steam left

5. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm always scared to play anything that has Goldman Sachs in the recent news as it seems to always be manipulated. Whoever has the interest from Goldman Sachs could have already made what they wanted to make and will now let it get back down where it was a week ago. Hard to tell with GS.

TomB16 likes this.
  6. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

I wouldnt play it at this point either... upside is a dollar, downside is endless

But if i was already holding, id look for 6

And call me synical, but i like a little manipulation, as long as im on the right side..... look at BWEN... that was my biggest win yet, tell me that chart doesnt scream manipulation

7. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

The problem with manipulation is it's already up so much, that there's a good chance they'll short it back down just as quick as it went up.

TomB16 likes this.
  8. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

At bottom of channel, maybe an entry point now.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  9. TomB16

TomB16 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the great analysis in this thread.

On the product side, I believe the distributed power company model is a winning direction. It works well and scales beautifully. The idea of generating and selling retail to co-located consumer is likely a big part of the future of power.

Tesla has been doing this, among other companies. A big company has no particular advantage against a smaller company in this space so I tend to think the small companies will dominate this space over big players like Tesla.

10. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

Made a nice gain today off of a doji from yesterday, has a history of doing the same.