What are your thoughts on borrowing money to invest?

Discussion in 'Investing' started by MrMike, Feb 9, 2021.

1. MrMike

MrMike Member

well, that's why I'm documenting it in my videos - to show all the good and bad that will happen. In 10 years when my kids are older and investing, we can reference those videos since I probably wont remember haha until then, I'll be updating the progress every 3 months.

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. Heena khan

Heena khan Member

Yes, but still you would find some traders who are still doing it and losing at the end of the day.

3. MrMike

MrMike Member

I can find some drivers who crash their cars - doesn't mean I'll stop driving.

All that means is what not to do and learn from their mistakes - not to avoid it all together. Many people buy properties and everything goes wrong, and then you have people who succeed. Even investing with your own money, some people do well and other might lose a lot - does that mean you shouldn't invest? I'll assume you don't think that if you're on this forum :)

Likewise, borrowing to invest could go bad but it can go very well; Instead of saying "never borrow to invest", we could be focusing on HOW you can do it well (as well as what to avoid to minimize risk). Just like in investing itself!