What is the birdie saying

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Rustic1, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Rustic1

Rustic1 Well-Known Member

View attachment 15918 v58lxnzdtfn01.jpg Should I stay or should I go? The canary croaked and the cardinal is giving me strange looks. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Attached Files:

Onepoint272 and rg7803 like this.
  2. Rustic1

Even my sophisticated stock analysis system is gone array. What shall I do? Screenshot_20210222-151127_Amazon Shopping.jpg

3. Rustic1

My little birdie is starting to make sense. The last time he visited I liquidated my entire account and went all cash and only made a few trades here and there. I then noticed my timing was off and I was indeed missing out on some overall gains. I opened a few long term holds and decided my intuition was wrong, but I felt being mostly cash was the way to go. The green canaries tried to convince me I was wrong and being fully invested was the only way to fly, afterall the market was constantly setting new highs and my cash was stagnant. I refused to listen and kept reminding myself of the red birdie, he mentioned the green canary lives in a cage and stays fully invested. He has no room for improvement as he is fed as his owner desires.
    He then reminded me of the squirrel and the hawk. The squirrel is busy foraging for his supply of nuts and tends to be occupied in his journey and fails to observe the patient hawk in the tree. The hawk is amused and observes patiently, he could swoop down any minute but knows more squirrels will join and rejoice knowing they have found the overabundance of supply, they are far to busy in their celebration and cheering and fail to notice more hawks have arrived. The hawks have decided the time is right and swoop down and the squirrels panic but have no escape.

This time my birdie twisted his head and reminded me that part of me had become a squirrel, my FOMO and lack of common sense had taken control of my instinct to survive.
    Fortunately I had only dipped my toes instead of jumping in over my head, I hold my position and continue watch the canaries panic in horror.
    We can't time the market, it times us.

However we can observe the overall metrics that are deciding factors and plan accordingly. My birdie gave me a thumbs up and flew up in the trees alongside the hawk.

I believe I will watch the squirrels and canaries for awhile longer.

spindr0 and Dkrstic69 like this.
  4. Rustic1

My little birdie just dropped a big splatter on my head laughed and flew back up in the tree. Lesson learned. No more adding or new positions for awhile. Forest Gump is now on the sidelines. Back to trading.

5. Rustic1

My little birdie just keeps smiling and waving alongside the hawks in the tree. Those of us that are smart enough to watch things like yield curves and the signals that point to fear are rejoicing while the others get their asses smoked and drink the kool-aid. Still a bunch of nuts on the ground, not yet time for the hawks to swoop down for the feast.

I'm still sitting on the wagon, watching the show.

6. Rustic1

More hawks have landed in the trees and the squirrels are still enjoying their feast. The green canary has deteriorated to a pile of feathers.
    My little birdie is still smiling and telling me to be patient.
    I may ease my way to the barn and bring a extra wagon.

7. Rustic1

Patience is a virtue.

8. Rustic1

Tempting to snipe a squirrel or 2 but my little birdie says to hold the fire. Still to many nuts left on the ground and the squirrels are getting noisier in their newfound feast.

9. Rustic1

Grabbed 1 recently. Still coasting. Squirrels are loading up.
    Screenshot_20210315-154324.jpg

spindr0 likes this.
  10. Rustic1

Time is on our side. Got 1 in my crosshairs. :D

60324921-480px.jpg

11. emmett kelly

emmett kelly Well-Known Member

keep your video camera charged. i captured this once in a lifetime footage in my back yard a few years ago.

Rustic1 likes this.
  12. spindr0

spindr0 Active Member

Nice nuts you got there !!!

Rustic1 likes this.