Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Jun 3, 2018.
SPCE (above 10$ may worth a shot).
I have taken an interest in a couple Asian stocks that I think have great rebound potential in WDH (Waterdrop) and DIDI (Didi Global)
I also need to do additional research tonight on HNST (The Honest Company) and COOK (Traeger)
Any thoughts on those names?
I dont do chinese names (anymore), quit trading them.
The other two are on a similar level. A breakout is needed to became atractive, and to pour some money on them.
This week I'm looking for pullback short plays. I'm watching SCO hoping oil climbs to $110, as well as TWM if the IWM can get over $210 (this index play would join my open position on QID).
Individual stock-wise, here is what I've found so far:
VRSK -- possible short @ 210 - 215
CBRE -- possible short @ 94 - 96
DLR -- just a really nice bear flag forming on the weekly
Good luck everyone,
My Watch List for this week include;
HNST- Honest Company
ARKW-Ark Next Gen. ETF
Definitely exiting SCO at some point this week. Maybe move on from KKR, HON, and ALLY.... and eventually C maybe towards the end of the week.
Might add to my PYPL, CRWD, and FB positions as the Tech recovery continues.
I hope you're not bailing on SCO purely off my 2x leverage comment in your trading thread. If that is the case, then sorry...not my intent.
The fact is,, oil will fall...the question is will it consolidate before it does?
It is consolidation (e.g. choppy sideways trading) that kills you on the 2x leverage over time. Or, of course, oil simply going against the trade (e.g. either by shooting or continuing to grind higher).
Extended consolidation and/or oil rising are two reasons to bail...otherwise, you're OK holding onto SCO for couple months or so before the 2x leverage really begins to hurt you.
Hope that helps / clears things up based on my previous post in your journal.
ready for breakout?
I think you'll have some time to get in on AAPL, because I'm seeing it made a lower low this month. It did have a nice hold of the 200 sma; but I also want to wait to see how QQQ ends the month.
Here is my radar for tomorrow. You might notice a trend regarding how I see the market...
AAPL, ALL, CNI, & STLD -- depending on how these open, I might pull the trigger immediately
CLF -- entry if it gets to 35
JKHY -- entry if it gets to 200 and there is sufficient volume
TXN -- entry if it gets to 190
JBHT -- entry if it gets to 200 and there is sufficient volume
Additionally, I am really liking the pullback in oil right tonight. If that continues through the week, I should hit my targets on SCO & AA. I realize the last is not an oil stock, but it, along with many other commodities for that matter, seem to be moving in somewhat of a tandem now due to the influence of geopolitical risk.
Good luck everyone,
still watching. we pulled back enough?
I'm eyeing a few more pullbacks this week:
JKHY -- made it to $200, as I posted as a level last week. Will have to see how it opens tomorrow; I should've pulled the trigger on this at Friday's close but missed it.
SRE -- this one looks ready to pull the trigger on
AEP -- Id like to see this get to 105
SO -- Id like to see this get to 75
These aren't quite there yet, but when they are...
FE -- @50 - 52.50
EXC -- @65
Good luck everyone,
might have to chase it.
Watching NVDA next week, after this week's excursion below the 200 sma.
Yikes, I didn't realize the semiconductors were back at the 2022 low already.
I'll watch NVDA, but will try to find some other non-semiconductors first.
Tesla stock might have a good April / Mai.
MAA looking very interesting. The big question in my mind is whether yesterday's close was caused by broader market sentinment and/or options expiration manipulation...or...because of an actual breakdown specific to the stock? Also, the under 1MIL average volume always makes me suspect...
Some other names I'm watching closely:
EBAY -- look for pullback @56.15
UNP -- look for pullback @250.49
AEP -- look for swing @101.27 --> then switch to pullback @104.97
FE -- look for swing @46.64 --> then switch to pullback @52.52
CAG -- Maybe missed this pullback
ROST -- Maybe missed this pullback
VRTX -- Pullback or consolidating...time will tell!
So many possibilities, so little time!
In other words, this hopefully serves as a reminder to us all to never sweat 'missing' a trade...there will always be oh so many more!
heavy trading yesterday. how high can it go? maybe i could grab some quick cash before it gives back.
edit: oh wait. value543 already addressed this one. anyway, no law says i can't watch it too.
looking for bounce.
@emmett kelly -- it'll come...maybe not Monday or the next day...but it'll come. I really like how NFLX held up today compared to SPY (charted below...but the same could be said for QQQ). The indices pretty much sold off steadily all...day...long. But not NFLX...
I'd love to see a broader market bounce tomorrow, which would allow DXC to hit $30.15 and ZION to get into that $62.70 - $64.24 range...I'll buy puts on either (or both!) if they do...then just wait for the pullback.