What stocks are on your radar for next week?

Discussion in 'Stock Market Today' started by Stockaholic, Jun 3, 2018.

1. basicsinvesting.com

basicsinvesting.com New Member

I am looking at DENN to challenge the $23.47 all time high in the coming weeks. Bad market condition of the past month is holding this stock back, but the force is strong, DENNYS CORPORATION should push and make new all time high
    download.png

T0rm3nted likes this.
  2. Onepoint272

Onepoint272 2019 Stockaholics Contest Winner

I'm not clear what you mean by "the force is strong". Also, I don't agree that the "past market condition of the past month is holding this stock back" because it appears the big guys started unloading DENN on the ER news at the end of July and continue to be sellers.

I do like that you said "...in the coming weeks." since I think it'll take a number of weeks for the stock to be re-accumulated by the big/smart money, that is if the trading range (TR) doesn't prove to be distribution. I'd have to wait and see how the TR develops I guess; wait for the supply of stock coming into this DENN market to subside, with no signs of weakness, before longing it.

195-minute (1/2 day) bars:
    upload_2019-9-30_2-23-4.png

#282 Onepoint272, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    T0rm3nted and Stockaholic like this.
  3. SignalClub.io

SignalClub.io Member

STOCKS | MCD & WMT
    OCT19 WK1 Wkly. (Expires. Oct 4th)

Become a Member for More Ideas or Expired Signals
    signalclub.io/signals

Attached Files:

4. Onepoint272

Sorry man, but I'm confused, I don't get what you are trying to communicate with these posts. Your little charts are, well I'm just gonna say it, they suck. For example, for WMT your little graph shows a sloping line from 118.45 to 118.47. Well 118.45 was last week's close, that I know. So are you predicting a 2-cent move to 118.47? o_O If so, where do you keep the good stuff? It would be helpful if you provided some explanation with them. Thanks.

P.S. Why would I "become a member" for "expired" signals? :confused:

#284 Onepoint272, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  5. SignalClub.io

SignalClub.io Member

Thanks for the comments. All good points and we owe you some explanation.
    Striking price is an outlook, generated by our algo, on hitting and/or surpassing during the week or month, it shows the gain potential.
    Compared to directional indicator, striking price indicator is less accurate.

P.S. would've been better to have excluded that comment. "become a member for more ideas"

6. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

Im with you these are the type of bs I see, post #283
    " Become a Member for Expired Signals" lol

SignalClub.io and Stockaholic like this.
  7. SignalClub.io

SignalClub.io Member

Well noted! Will curtail next time.

8. Bodacious

Bodacious Active Member

OMG, belly laugh there, that's some funny stuff......

SignalClub.io likes this.
  9. SignalClub.io

SignalClub.io Member

10. Three Eyes

Three Eyes 2018 Stockaholics Contest Winner

Congrats to the machine.

But perhaps a favor? This "weekend ideas" thread has traditionally been great for folks sharing ideas and being fairly transparent about *why* they are looking at a potential trading or investing opportunity. Your posts here have more or less violated this principal by not explaining why you are looking at something.

We also sometimes (though rarely) revisit a symbol posted in this thread to provide some after-action analysis of how our ideas played out, as opposed to crowing about our pick as you did here. Honestly, it really appears that you are trying to use this forum to capture customers for your club. I hope you've noticed Stockaholics.net are filled with independent thinkers who are not likely to blindly follow investment advice services or algorithms. We come here to escape the constant noise of being marketed the latest, greatest investment advice.

Perhaps you should establish a single, permanent thread on the Trade Journals forum as the best outlet for the kind of posts you've made in this thread? That way, any lurkers in the Stockaholics community who are interested in your machine can engage you more meaningfully than they would on this thread. And this thread could return to it's established tradition of folks posting a symbol and giving their technical and/or fundamental reasons explaining why they are eyeing it.

Not trying to kill your buzz or anything, and sincerely hope you have an interest in *transparently* sharing ideas in these forums. Lots of opinions and ideas are welcomed here!

11. SignalClub.io

SignalClub.io Member

We appreciate this message. As you've mentioned, the intention was to share very simply and straight forward, while some would consider interesting content, openly. As you know, since the contents are currently available via TW, StockTwits, etc. on every Sunday evening, when the machine generates the output, no signups are necessary.

Since the machine generates the signals, it is very difficult to accurately explain why besides briefly explaining how the logic was setup when developing the machine (took 2.5 yrs). The data it processes goes back to 2012 and uses regression & categorical models via pattern recognition using public and proprietary data to generate near term forward outlook.

We will accept your recommendation to open a new group to compile outputs.

Thanks for your sincerity.

Three Eyes and T0rm3nted like this.
  12. Onepoint272

A new one on my watchlist, SPWH. It has built significant cause and may be ready.

Weekly bars:
    upload_2019-10-6_21-38-40.png

13. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

bumping back to the top for the weekend

14. LanimcIntyre

LanimcIntyre New Member

Find the right broker at the right price. Consider starting with exchange-traded funds. You can also Start with safer stocks. in terms of its overall safety system and regulatory checks in place, Multi stock is generally rated high for safety and is, in general, a safe service to invest with. There is an option like bridge financing which is a good option to get easy cashflow benefits.

15. Onepoint272

Stockaholic likes this.
  16. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

SMH (semiconductors) has climbed to the top of my "sector by RSI" list... TXN is among the few major players printing new highs, also testing a break of a TR from the beginning of 2018... 2x3 P&F shows ~77% upside on this one

txn oct 12.png

17. Jrich

Jrich Well-Known Member

Oops, didnt mean to post that 4 times, stupid computer.. idk how to delete them

18. anotherdevilsadvocate

anotherdevilsadvocate Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a sign that you should buy TXN 4 times.

19. anotherdevilsadvocate

TWTR backup tested the declining tops line, see how this acts on the 20-week ma (in red).
    Weekly chart:
    [​IMG]

These guys just became GAAP profitable.

20. anotherdevilsadvocate

FTNT has been in a trading range 64-92 for a year; right now right in the middle of the range at 79.
    I figure if it falls completely below the 20-month ma then it'll stay in the range; but I'm thinking it'll continue upward.
    [​IMG]

One of the few profitable-right-now cybersecurity companies, could help its stock by acquiring a fast-growing startup.

Stockaholic likes this.