Wonkey edit backspace weirdness.

Discussion in 'Forum support' started by The Brontide, Jun 18, 2020.

1. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

I hate to be a pain. But here I am again.

I mostly use the phone to surf and post. I haven't experienced it on the full size view on my laptop.

But, bear with me on this, you ever notice that when you are making a post, in my case using the bottom post box in a thread, I type a mistake and proceed to backspace, how it bungles up the words? I wish I could better describe it.

I know there is a fix as I had the same issue on my former forums on the same platform. It took me awhile to vet it out, but it was worth it. I will have to dig through my change logs from days gone by, but I know it can be done.

Just a heads up, and not trying to be a pestering nit-picker.

2. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

No worries, if you're experiencing it, I'm sure others are as well.

@bigbear0083 @StockJock-e

Hopefully one of the 2 admins can look into it and see if there's a known bug on Xenforo forums and how to fix it.

3. The Brontide

The Brontide Active Member

Thank you. It is just irritating when I want to backspace to edit my post before hitting post, and the system removes, adds words, appends words, and basically makes it screwey.

To replicate, start a reply, type out a paragraph or two, and then try to edit a word in the middle of the paragraph beginning with a backspace on a word in the middle somewhere that you wish to change.

Know for sure using chrome on my Android device on smallest responsive screen.

Again not sure if I recall if it happens on largest responsive on my laptop.

If I recall there wasn't a fix on the mod installed, but one was provided somewhere from one of the users. My forums have been shut down for a couple years now so I cannot rely solely on memory.