World Markets and what to expect….

Discussion in 'International Stock Markets' started by hitman, Jul 23, 2016.

1. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

I notice no one speak about this and since it's a global economy and some traders/investors don't bother I am going to list movement that might/should affect the DOW, NASDAQ and AMEX.

2. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

The US market continues to do well so this is why precious metals is going through a sell off for now, Bank of Japan(BOJ) seems to be preparing more stimulus which will be announced at next week central bank meeting. Theresa May said she will not invoke article 50 till the end of the year. Steven Cohen's firm, Point72 Asset Management doubled the size of its work place in London (get this) in the last 6 weeks (so much for all the noise of LONDON falling apart due to BREXIT).

StockJock-e likes this.
  3. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

On the 13 july Germany sold 10 yr debt at a negative yield they have now become the 1st Eurozone nation to do so. This is a very serious problem, Bonds with negative yields in Europe are not eligible for Europe Central Bank(ECB) to purchase in its program. Here is the problem which makes me wonder is the person at the wheel brain dead or asleep cause when sentiment changes the bonds are going to fall of not a cliff but Mt.Everest.

DB short by way of options

#3 hitman, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  4. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Perhaps this person simply has his own vision of the problem. I wonder what it is though...

5. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

The DOW is trending to the downside and S&P pressing higher on the monthly outlook.

6. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

7. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

8. hitman

hitman Well-Known Member

It is really amazing, mind you the Dutch have always been ahead of the curve in some aspects of technology. I read a story way back where a company in Holland was using high frequency trading before it was exposed by a Canadian.

9. Zaysev

Zaysev Member

Yes, that's nice and fancy, but again, what's the exact impact of what's discussed in an article can we expect?