PULM - Pulmatrix, Inc.

Discussion in 'Penny Stocks' started by User2897, Jan 17, 2017.

1. User2897

User2897 Member

"Pulmatrix, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in developing inhaled therapies to address serious pulmonary diseases using its inhaled Small Particles Easily Respirable and Emitted (iSPERSE) technology. The company's proprietary product pipeline focuses on advancing treatments for rare diseases, including PUR1900, an inhaled anti-fungal for patients with cystic fibrosis, as well as PUR1500, an inhaled product for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It is also developing PUR0200, a branded generic in clinical development for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The company has collaboration with Capsugel to develop inhaled therapeutics to treat serious pulmonary diseases. Pulmatrix, Inc. was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts."-bigbear0083

#1 User2897, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. Stockaholic

Stockaholic Content Manager

[​IMG]

Pulmatrix, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in developing inhaled therapies to address serious pulmonary diseases using its inhaled Small Particles Easily Respirable and Emitted (iSPERSE) technology. The company's proprietary product pipeline focuses on advancing treatments for rare diseases, including PUR1900, an inhaled anti-fungal for patients with cystic fibrosis, as well as PUR1500, an inhaled product for the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It is also developing PUR0200, a branded generic in clinical development for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The company has collaboration with Capsugel to develop inhaled therapeutics to treat serious pulmonary diseases. Pulmatrix, Inc. was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Lexington, Massachusetts.

3. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

How do you know you are going to get $1.38 price point?

4. User2897

User2897 Member

Lowered bid.

#4 User2897, Jan 18, 2017
  5. User2897

User2897 Member

Any advice?

#5 User2897, Jan 18, 2017
  6. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you buy in pre-market, or are you waiting until the market opens? How do you know it will touch $1.30 at open? And if it drops down that far from yesterday's close, why do you expect it to go up? Looks like a bearish wedge to me. If that breakout drops right back down, why would you expect it to go back up? Not familiar and haven't followed this stock, so I'm not able to give advice other than gamble plays are suppose to be small. That and anything that gains 127% in one day means you probably got in too late. Stocks that gain that much - in most cases - you need to already be invested in before they start running up in order to not miss the run.

upload_2017-1-18_7-52-40.png

I remember you from before posting in other threads about your all-in style and misunderstanding of the market. I was hoping you would have learned a bit since then, but it appears you are still trying to gamble your account back up. I wish you the best of luck, but am just warning you that your style is going to set you back for years once you realize the correct way to invest is not to gamble your entire account daily/weekly.

7. LloydWCoutee

LloydWCoutee Active Member

$PULM this will probably drop to 1.10ish and bounce, volume will decent what happens after that

8. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I hope your orders didn't go through...

9. User2897

User2897 Member

Today was a major failure.

#9 User2897, Jan 18, 2017
  10. Tiptopptrader

Tiptopptrader Well-Known Member

Ouch! Sorry to hear that @Charrima

11. User2897

User2897 Member

They are treating this like a P&D but it has positive news. It should rise tomorrow.

I also don't understand how ADHD can rise after failing.

12. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

I've been telling you this for months. If you miss the original giant jump in a stock price, it's too late. Move on and look for something more secure. Try to make 5-10% instead of shooting for 100% over night. You're literally gambling your money away - up to 30% of your total account value at a time (according to your posts about BAC and others a month or two ago). Because you're picking such volatile stocks that have already made their run up, instead of that gamble being a coin flip, it's more like you're putting $20K (full value of your account) onto one number on the roulette table and letting them spin the wheel. All you're doing is making it so that in a couple years when you finally come to your senses, you are starting where you were before today. But instead of reloading your account over and over, you could have had all of that money you added, plus 10-20% per year (example).

13. Stockaholic

@Charrima

Is that purely on gut feeling or something else? Just wondering is all.

Sorry to hear about your rough day today, but I would highly suggest you scroll up and re-read @T0rm3nted's post on post #6 of this thread. He even posted up a nice chart for you.

Here -> http://www.stockaholics.net/threads/pulm-pulmatrix-inc.3964/#post-40776

This isn't he first time he has given you some invaluable advice on here. I'm not entirely sure why you keep kicking it aside. Or at least that's the way I've been interpreting it...

T0rm3nted likes this.
  14. User2897

User2897 Member

Ok according to his logic, since this fell roughly 32% today, will it most likely rise tomorrow? It cannot fall back to $0.60 on positive news and it already declined over 85% so it has a lot of room to grow.

15. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

That's called chasing your losses. I'm sure you're familiar with it as you seem like a gambler. We've all been there. Betting $100 at the roulette table on red or black, and then chasing with $200 the next spin until you realize you're now down $1000 after a few spins. My point is move on to another stock. Find something where the growth isn't based on a one-day news event where it already gained 65% overnight. Avoid bio-techs. When people are playing things like this, it's usually a "I have $20,000 and I'm up $500 this week, maybe I'll throw $300 in this and see if I can make another $100".

Stop trying to get rich overnight and make a plan to make X% a year. Change your retirement age from 75 because you never are able to save enough because you keep gambling it to 50. It's very doable if you set reasonable goals for yourself.

In terms of this stock though, I'm sure if you went through a list of 100 stocks that have jumped 100% in one day, only 5-10% of them didn't return close to the original price within a few weeks. I could be wrong, but it seems that way. If I had to guess, I would bet this one drops down to about the 50MA and that will be new support. Probably around $0.75. That would mean the stock still gained 35-40% in the last few weeks which is still an incredible amount.

Tiptopptrader likes this.
  16. User2897

User2897 Member

I have to wait until tomorrow. I cannot sell now.

17. T0rm3nted

T0rm3nted Moderator
    Staff Member

That's unfortunate. Maybe it will bounce a little tomorrow and you can make your losses a little smaller. Good luck.

18. User2897

User2897 Member

May come back up.

#18 User2897, Jan 18, 2017
  19. Stockaholic

"It cannot fall back"

See, now this is precisely the kind of talk that I feel will get people in trouble IMHO.

The market simply does not care what you or I think. Try to get that.

This idea that that a stock can't fall further is simply playing a little dangerous.

Like I said before, how are you basing this on ... is it solely on gut feeling?

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but @T0rm3nted has literally bent over backwards to help you better understand your situation here. It is so rare these days to find anyone who is so willing & eager to help another person out for free and not lead them down the wrong path like you see on so many other sites. That's not the case here at all. I'm not sure why you keep blowing off his advice. It's weird. @T0rm3nted is about the most genuine person I've personally come across on an internet board like this in my time, and I have seen my share of people on the 'net. Case in point -- I've been apart of this particular community coming up on 11 years now. Yes, 11 years. Joined in 2006. So, yeah I can call bullshit when I see it. Not here at all.

We're just trying to help, so take these posts as constructive. There's nothing worse than seeing someone lose chunks of $$$ due to the lack of understanding, etc. Just saying. Hope you don't take any of this the wrong way and I wish you the best of luck in the future!

T0rm3nted likes this.
  20. User2897

User2897 Member

He is a wonderful person and I asked his opinion.

#20 User2897, Jan 18, 2017
    T0rm3nted likes this.